How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 27 May 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
July Sees Increase in Ryanair Passengers
Ryanair flew 3.8 million passengers to and from Spain in July of this year, representing an increase of 800,000 passengers - 25% - on the same period in 2010.
Ryanair said in a statement how they had witnesses large increases in July air traffic in airports in Barcelona-El Prat (100%), Palma (45%), Alicante (14%), Gran Canaria (74%), Ibiza (63%), Tenerife (92%) and Lanzarote (89%).
According to Ryanair's own calculations, this means that the airline would have transported 55% of passengers arriving in Spain last month, as the increase in air traffic at AENA Airports was 1.4 million passengers for the same period - a figure which includes the 800,000 passengers carried by Ryanair.
“Ryanair traffic grew by 25% in July in Spain, bringing 800,000 of the 1.4 million total increase in passengers which occurred over all Spanish airports last month. Ryanair’s low fares in Spain account for a higher growth than all the other airlines put together” said the company spokesman, Stephen McNamara.
The number of flights across all routes for the airline increased by 6%.
The 14% growth seen at Alicante was not matched at the nearby San Javier - Murcia airport, although it still remains a popular destination. There is still speculation that the airline may be considering flying into Murcia's new Corvera International Airport when it opens in spring of 2012.
The South Alicante and Murcia areas have been widely tipped to undergo a property boom following huge amounts of investment such as the Paramount Pictures Theme park, the new Corvera International airport and a number of associated Hotels and infrastructure projects. The theme park itself has forecast 5 million visitors per year and the airport 3 Million passengers per year.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish air traffic controllers call four partial strikes
- Spain revises percentage of population at risk of poverty to 29%
- Spain overturns Andalusian anti-eviction law
- Amazon starts paying Spanish corporate tax on retail sales
- EU Nationals resident in UK denied referendum vote
- Vodafone Spain to increase fibre optic speed to 300 Mbps
- Catalan Independence Bid Hit by Podemos’s Barcelona Win
- Spain's ruling PP gets worst local election result in 20 years
- Spain bans ‘Indignados’ march planned for Saturday in Madrid