How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 5 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Crime Pays (In Spain at least)
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Football League and Players Union to Discus Strike Later Today
The Spanish Football League (LFP) is due to meet the players union (AFE) later today in attempt to prevent a strike that would delay the kick off of the Spanish domestic football season.
Last week the AFE announced a strike for opening weeks of the season due to the failure to sign a collective agreement to end the problems of unpaid wages to players, which goes back a number of months in some cases.
"The footballers have remained united and we have said 'enough is enough'. We have taken the decision, which firm, unanimous and responsible, to call a strike in the first two weeks of the Primera and Second Divisions. The league will not start until a new collective agreement has been signed," said AFE President Luis Rubiales, when the strike was announced last Thursday.
The decision has been criticized by Spain's clubs and the LFP, but has received the support of the country's football coaches.
A strike would play havoc with Spain's fixture calendar, which has very few free dates in which to play any postponed matches. As a result both parties will meet today in an attempt to try and reach a solution.
Insiders believe that it will be difficult to resolve everything in one meeting, and because of this it may have to continue on Thursday, just 48 hours ahead of the scheduled start to the season, leaving the country's fans wondering if kick will ever happen this weekend.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's industrial output falls in Oct after brief Sept rise
- Questions asked in UK Parliament over Spain's Gibraltar Hypocrisy
- Moody's revises Spain's outlook to stable
- Idea of an independent Catalonia gets a NATO no-go
- Expats fear being priced out of British housing market
- Family problems blamed for unsuccessful relocations
- Orange Spain Launches Xmas Smartphone Offers
- Spain Hints at Lower Income Tax
- Population of Spain Continues to Plummet
- Spain to work with big utilities on tariff debt relief