How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 30 July 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Football League and Players Union to Discus Strike Later Today
The Spanish Football League (LFP) is due to meet the players union (AFE) later today in attempt to prevent a strike that would delay the kick off of the Spanish domestic football season.
Last week the AFE announced a strike for opening weeks of the season due to the failure to sign a collective agreement to end the problems of unpaid wages to players, which goes back a number of months in some cases.
"The footballers have remained united and we have said 'enough is enough'. We have taken the decision, which firm, unanimous and responsible, to call a strike in the first two weeks of the Primera and Second Divisions. The league will not start until a new collective agreement has been signed," said AFE President Luis Rubiales, when the strike was announced last Thursday.
The decision has been criticized by Spain's clubs and the LFP, but has received the support of the country's football coaches.
A strike would play havoc with Spain's fixture calendar, which has very few free dates in which to play any postponed matches. As a result both parties will meet today in an attempt to try and reach a solution.
Insiders believe that it will be difficult to resolve everything in one meeting, and because of this it may have to continue on Thursday, just 48 hours ahead of the scheduled start to the season, leaving the country's fans wondering if kick will ever happen this weekend.
Latest News & Stories
- New PP Delegate for Murcia brings Corvera Airport Confidence ?
- Spain's Podemos losing support amongst voters - poll
- Spain worse place in Europe for Brits being scammed : Report
- Lycamobile Spain launches "unlimited" European calls plan
- Spain's Euskaltel agrees offer for R Cable
- Galicia crash inquiry stalls 2years after Spainís deadliest train accident