How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 22 May 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Further austerity cuts hit Spanish corporations
Spanish Businesses such as Banco Santander, Telefonica and Iberdrola may be forced into making payments to the Government of as much as a combined 1 Billion Euros.
This will apply to overseas acquisitions by Spanish companies since 2007, following a recent reform of economic measures.
Tax reductions, referred to as 'Goodwill deductions' had been previously taken advantage of by corporations who had looked to expand their operations overseas, but it now seems that these deductions are to be clawed back.
This is just one of several austerity measures brought in by parliament over the last week, and follow news that Spanish Businesses will also now be expected to pay a certain potion of their annual taxes in advance, as already expected of their employees.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain bans ‘Indignados’ march planned for Saturday in Madrid
- Spain announces EU1.26 Bln suburban rail spend
- Spain to make another EU bailout repayment
- EC migrant quota assigned to Spain "
- Rajoy: “Who’s talking about bailouts, recession or unemployment?”
- Spain's Jazztel tops customer complaints list
- Spain e-commerce sales up 25% to EUR 4.1 bln in Q3
- Sabadell given EU clearance for TSB acquisition
- Spain's De Guindos says confident of Greek deal shortly
- Spanish Police arrest gang accused of trying to force immigrant to sell kidney
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Finding Business Premesis in Spain
- Finding a Job in Spain
- Employing Staff in Spain