How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 1 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spanish Mortgage Approvals Decline for 14th Straight Month
Spain's National Institute of Statistics (INE) released data earlier on today reporting how the number of mortgages approved have fell for the 14th consecutive month in June of this year.
The INE's monthly report detailed how the number of mortgages granted in June fell sharply by 42.4% year on year, dragging down the figure's average monthly decrease in the first half of 2011 to 24.9%.
The June decline was even greater than that seen in May, when the figure dipped by 32% compared with to same period last year.
The whole of the country suffered a fall in figures during June, but the tiny inland region of La Rioja was affected worse than any other area in the country, witnessing a fall of 80.8% in the number of mortgages granted in comparison with June 2010.
Last week the government approved a decrease in sales tax from 8% down to 4% on new build homes in order to stimulate Spain's badly-hit housing market and the construction sector. The temporary tax cut would last until 31st December.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years
- US developer planning mega-resort outside Madrid
- Spain to hike taxes on tobacco, alcohol and soft drinks to raise €8 billion
- Spain PM says must maintain policy of fiscal consolidation
- Bullish Spanish opposition calls on government to repeal “gag law”
- Spain's consumer prices rise 0.7 pct in Oct
- Lidl opens pop-up restaurant in Madrid
- Spanish economy to maintain growth rate in fourth quarter - economy minister
- 80% of Spaniards aged under 30 are still living with their parents
- Why does Spain collect less income tax than its EU neighbors ?
- The main differences between a Spanish and UK Mortgage
- What is the Euribor ?
- An Introduction to Alternative Property Purchase Schemes
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage