How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 19 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spanish Mortgage Approvals Decline for 14th Straight Month
Spain's National Institute of Statistics (INE) released data earlier on today reporting how the number of mortgages approved have fell for the 14th consecutive month in June of this year.
The INE's monthly report detailed how the number of mortgages granted in June fell sharply by 42.4% year on year, dragging down the figure's average monthly decrease in the first half of 2011 to 24.9%.
The June decline was even greater than that seen in May, when the figure dipped by 32% compared with to same period last year.
The whole of the country suffered a fall in figures during June, but the tiny inland region of La Rioja was affected worse than any other area in the country, witnessing a fall of 80.8% in the number of mortgages granted in comparison with June 2010.
Last week the government approved a decrease in sales tax from 8% down to 4% on new build homes in order to stimulate Spain's badly-hit housing market and the construction sector. The temporary tax cut would last until 31st December.
Latest News & Stories
- Magaluf police implicated in suspected extortion ring
- Morocco and Spain agree on information exchange
- Catalonia call independence vote despite Scottish 'no
- Spain's bad loans ratio rises slightly to 13.2% in July
- Spain hosts international conference on Libya
- Spain to replace Dutch NATO forces in Turkey
- Spain now most expensive for TV football
- Spain public debt falls June - July
- Four Catalans drive 1,500 miles to support Scotland's "Yes"
- Spain mulls prosecution of ISIL fighters
- The main differences between a Spanish and UK Mortgage
- What is the Euribor ?
- An Introduction to Alternative Property Purchase Schemes
- When you canít pay the Mortgage