How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spanish Mortgage Approvals Decline for 14th Straight Month
Spain's National Institute of Statistics (INE) released data earlier on today reporting how the number of mortgages approved have fell for the 14th consecutive month in June of this year.
The INE's monthly report detailed how the number of mortgages granted in June fell sharply by 42.4% year on year, dragging down the figure's average monthly decrease in the first half of 2011 to 24.9%.
The June decline was even greater than that seen in May, when the figure dipped by 32% compared with to same period last year.
The whole of the country suffered a fall in figures during June, but the tiny inland region of La Rioja was affected worse than any other area in the country, witnessing a fall of 80.8% in the number of mortgages granted in comparison with June 2010.
Last week the government approved a decrease in sales tax from 8% down to 4% on new build homes in order to stimulate Spain's badly-hit housing market and the construction sector. The temporary tax cut would last until 31st December.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish to become 'dominant' language in UK schools
- Spain watchdog backs shorter telecoms contracts
- UK MEP slams Spain's blame of crisis on Gays
- Spain to create 500,000 m2 mall space by 2016
- Earthquakes hit Southern Spain
- Gibraltar dismisses Spainís Ďfancifulí tax claims
- 1 Year Since Paramount Murcia Promise
- Spain sees EU130 Mln in aid to Canary tomatoes in 5 years
- Number of Foreign Students Studying in Spain Falls
- Spanish cigarette sales plummet 50% in last 5 years
- The main differences between a Spanish and UK Mortgage
- What is the Euribor ?
- An Introduction to Alternative Property Purchase Schemes
- When you canít pay the Mortgage