How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Month End Euribor Increase Expected
The Euribor rate, the basis of most mortgage repayments in Spain, is expected to grow to 2.1% by the end of the month.
This increased figure is expected to result in a average of 600 Euros per year more for families at a time when the country's economic crisis means that money is already tight.
An average 150'000 Euro mortgage taken over a 25 year term will now cost an additional 49 Euros per month to repay.
August's month-end forecast of 2.1% rate is much greater than the 1.421% at the end August 2010, but is slightly better than the 2.183% as it stood at the end of July.
The Euribor rate increases when the cost of inter-bank lending escalates.
Click Here to read more about the Euribor, what it is, and how it is calculated.
Latest News & Stories
- Iberdrola Profit Drops as Spain Renewable Subsidy Cuts Hit
- Bank of Spain Says Growth Accelerated in Q2
- Spain's Prado loses 885 peices of art
- BBVA expects profit boost from Catalunya Banc purchase
- Spain sets rules for dealing with unaccompanied foreign children
- Catalan Separatists Say Debt Investors Can Help Campaign
- Travel authorities call for responsible tourism in Spain after sex scandal
- Spain's AENA appoints banks for IPO
- Spain sets another record for foreign tourism
- Gibraltar says data proves Spain border queues are deliberate
- The main differences between a Spanish and UK Mortgage
- What is the Euribor ?
- An Introduction to Alternative Property Purchase Schemes
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage
- How to Apply for a Mortgage in Spain