How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 21 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Citi faces fine on derivatives deals
Citigroup is expected to be fined $600,000 (379,000 pounds) by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority over derivatives transactions that helped foreign clients avoid taxes on dividends, a source familiar with the matter said on Sunday.
The fine is expected to be announced on Monday, the source said, declining to be identified because it is not yet public.
The development comes as governments around the world crack down on tax evasion as they look to close widening budget gaps fuelled by economic weakness.
The centerpiece of the U.S. tax recovery effort has been its legal case against Swiss banking giant UBS AG, which earlier this year agreed to pay $780 million to settle criminal claims that it helped U.S. citizens evade taxes.
A Citigroup representative was not immediately available for comment.
FINRA declined to comment.
The Financial Times first reported the news.
Latest News & Stories
- 50% of Spain's workers earn under EU1,000 per month
- Spanish Attorney General Files Suit against Catalan President
- UK-Spain dispute over Gibraltar threatens European skies reform
- PM calls on opposition to “get serious” and detail plans for federal state
- Spain 2015 Michelin Restuarants Guide Released
- Gibraltar airs EU advice to Spain over border delays
- Spain finalizes direct flights with Azerbaijan for 2015
- Israel vexed at Spain’s move to recognise Palestinian state
- Orange reaches 2 million 4G customers in Spain
- Spain arrests Moroccan on terrorism charges