How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Tuesday 23 August 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
RENFE strike action to take place this week
CCOO Trade Union officials have called a strike of RENFE Spanish Railway employees on Monday and Thursday of this week.
The action will maintain a 70% minimum services, whilst local cercanías lines will run operate at a 75% capacity and long distance and AVE high services will be operate at a 73% capacity.
The action has been called in opposition to the company's proposal to split off and privatise the freight side of their business. The move comes as part of RENFE's new viability plans which may result in a privatisation of up to 45% of the entity.
Strike action has been planned for Monday 7am-9am and 8pm to 10pm and on Thursday between 11am and 3pm and 6pm and 10pm.
Passengers who have already purchased their tickets to travel on these dates will be goven the option of either changing their travel dates or receiving a full refund.
The strike coincides with a similar move by Spain's Air Europa pilots, who have voted to take action every Monday and Thursday until the Airline's Executives address their concerns about their externalising of several services.
Latest News & Stories
- Gibraltar signs LNG deal with Shell to combat electricity shortages
- Over 204,000 Moroccans Affiliated to Spanish Social Security
- Spain's Yoigo gains 19,900 mobile lines in July
- Orange Spain adds free EU roaming to Family pack
- Despite devalued post-Brexit pound, British visitor numbers to Spanish hotels up 15%
- Ibiza flight delayed after ‘police officer’s gun accidentally goes off’
- Ryanair announce launch of new routes to Spain
- Socialist Party assumes Rajoy will fail in bid to form government
- Aeromur retreat from Murcia's Corvera Airport ?
- Spain may call Election on Christmas Day