How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
7.64 Million Tourists Visit Spain in August Alone
Regardless of a downturn in the Euros, Spanish tourism seems to be going from strength to strength, with the country witnessing a record August this year and whilst France and Germany in particular have been hit by the financial crisis, Spain seems to have made some progress towards a recovery.
A Total of 7.64 million tourists visited Spain in August alone of 2011, an improvement of 9.4% improvement on the same month in 2010, represnting the 4th consecutive year of growth.
The regions worthy of comment were Catalonia, Valencia and Madrid.
The North-Eastern region of Catalonia was a particular subject of growth, with 1.9 million people having visited in August - 24% of all visitors to Spain. The Eastern Region of Valencia followed with 737'000 visitors, representing almost 10% of all visitors to the country.
Visitor numbers to the capital were boosted significantly in August due to the city playing host to the Catholic church's World Youth Day event.
The Brits, as always, represented the largest market at 12.3% of all tourists, however the German's, a previous favourite whose numbers have dwindled over recent years, are returning to the shore of |Spain once again.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain sets another record for foreign tourism
- Gibraltar says data proves Spain border queues are deliberate
- BBVA to buy Spain's nationalized Catalunya Banc
- Spain set to double rail accident compensation
- Orange Spain sees 77% rise in mobile data during San Fermin
- Spain Marks Year of Recovery in Economy Hooked on Exports
- Basque group ETA says dismantles its military wing
- Rajoy’s tax cuts seen threatening country’s deficit
- Murcia's San Javier Airport opens new shops : Why ?
- Caixabank and Santander frontrunners in Catalunya Banc sale