How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Tuesday 24 May 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
7.64 Million Tourists Visit Spain in August Alone
Regardless of a downturn in the Euros, Spanish tourism seems to be going from strength to strength, with the country witnessing a record August this year and whilst France and Germany in particular have been hit by the financial crisis, Spain seems to have made some progress towards a recovery.
A Total of 7.64 million tourists visited Spain in August alone of 2011, an improvement of 9.4% improvement on the same month in 2010, represnting the 4th consecutive year of growth.
The regions worthy of comment were Catalonia, Valencia and Madrid.
The North-Eastern region of Catalonia was a particular subject of growth, with 1.9 million people having visited in August - 24% of all visitors to Spain. The Eastern Region of Valencia followed with 737'000 visitors, representing almost 10% of all visitors to the country.
Visitor numbers to the capital were boosted significantly in August due to the city playing host to the Catholic church's World Youth Day event.
The Brits, as always, represented the largest market at 12.3% of all tourists, however the German's, a previous favourite whose numbers have dwindled over recent years, are returning to the shore of |Spain once again.
Latest News & Stories
- 30 arrests in Spain for pay-TV piracy
- Spain's centre-right PP to strengthen position in election - poll
- Popular Party faces freeze on assets if it fails to pay €1.2m civil bond
- Spain trade deficit falls 10.6% in March y/y
- Security fears hit Thomas Cook as tourists choose Spain over Turkey
- Ryanair offers €20 flights to UK to vote against Brexit
- Spain's MasMovil unveils internet-only plans
- Vodafone Spain targeting 9 mln fibre homes in 3-4 months
- Spain's public debt rises 14 billion euros in March
- Spain’s public debt over 100% of GDP for first time in more than a century