How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update - 17 April 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
7.64 Million Tourists Visit Spain in August Alone
Regardless of a downturn in the Euros, Spanish tourism seems to be going from strength to strength, with the country witnessing a record August this year and whilst France and Germany in particular have been hit by the financial crisis, Spain seems to have made some progress towards a recovery.
A Total of 7.64 million tourists visited Spain in August alone of 2011, an improvement of 9.4% improvement on the same month in 2010, represnting the 4th consecutive year of growth.
The regions worthy of comment were Catalonia, Valencia and Madrid.
The North-Eastern region of Catalonia was a particular subject of growth, with 1.9 million people having visited in August - 24% of all visitors to Spain. The Eastern Region of Valencia followed with 737'000 visitors, representing almost 10% of all visitors to the country.
Visitor numbers to the capital were boosted significantly in August due to the city playing host to the Catholic church's World Youth Day event.
The Brits, as always, represented the largest market at 12.3% of all tourists, however the German's, a previous favourite whose numbers have dwindled over recent years, are returning to the shore of |Spain once again.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish Mortgage lending expected to boost house prices in 2015
- Spain says 2014 public deficit was 5.69% of GDP
- Spain's opposition leader backs anti-abortion law by accident
- Spain investigates sinking of fuel-laden ship off Canary Islands
- Gibraltar would seek to preserve EU ties if Britain voted to leave
- Spanish hourly wages fall further from euro-zone average
- Spain Proposes to Set Up International Terrorism Court
- IMF ups 2015 growth forecast to 2.5%
- Spain urges more cooperation to handle attacks, migration
- Movistar Spain to start charging for excess data