How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 29 June 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Paramount Theme Park : It's a Go !
Executives from Paramount Licensing Inc, Including Vice President Michael Bartok, have announced that the construction of the theme park at Alhama de Murcia will go ahead.
The announcement came following a final official presentation of the project to board executives in the Spanish capital.
The project is expected to cost around 1'400 Million euros and result in the creation of up to 23'000 new jobs.
The 158 hectare site is just 15 minutes from the beach and the marina resort of Puerto de Mazarron, and will be divided into differently themed zones each with movie inspired themes, such as Star Trek, Titanic and Mission Impossible. There will also be a ‘Lifestyle Centre’ with 2 five-star hotels, 3 four-star status and a number of three-star hotels. The resort will also benefit from themed shopping malls, restaurants, bars and clubs, a 3'000 seat conference centre – and an open-air auditorium to accommodate 15,000 people.
Yesterday Jesus Samper, President of the Promoters of the Theme Park, announced that the theme park would be fully operational by 2015, in profit by 2018 and with dividends being paid to investors by 2025.
The news will also be well received by Aeromur, AENA and everyone else concerned with the new Corvera International Airport located closeby. The opening of the new airport is scheduled for opening during spring 2012 and estimates that 3 million passengers per year would fly into the airport because of the theme park.
Latest News & Stories
- Apple Watch goes on sale in Spain for more than in France and Germany
- Loan to support nationwide rollout of ERTMS in Spain
- Spain to question Gibraltar’s exclusion from EU tax havens blacklist
- Spain to hike economic growth forecast next week
- Orange says public offer for Spain's Jazztel successful
- Number of Spanish emigrants nearly doubles in four years
- Spain refuses to declassify state files from 1931 to 1968
- Spain sees GDP reaching pre-crisis level by end 2016
- Vodafone loses €642 million after Ono cleanup
- EU15,000 : Spain's average wage
- What is the Euribor ?
- Things to consider when buying an Off-plan Development
- The Property Buying Process in Spain