How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 29 July 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Two Further Eruptions on El Hierro
There have been reports of a further two volcanic eruption this evening (Wednesday), southwest of Punta Restinga on the Canary Island of El Hierro. The Director General of Security and Emergency for the Canary Islands Government, Juan Manuel Santana, confirmed that the events were also accompanied by a sulphurous smell and a number of dead fish floating on the surface of the water surrounding the area.
The DG added that one eruption is located 750 meters underwater and two miles from the coast, one and another, 500 meters underwater and half mile away from the coast of la Restinga.
According to Santana, the two eruptions coincide with the results shown on the seismic charts over the last two hours, which reveal a reduction in tremors, which generally indicates a reduction in pressure of magma underground.
For now, the state of alert around the village of La Restinga remains on red alert, and the residents of the town remain unable to remain to their homes.
Read further news stories about the El Hierro Volcano by clicking the link HERE .
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's Rajoy to start government talks with other parties on Friday
- Expats Urged to Help Find Abductee
- Spain’s six leading banks all set to pass the EU’s stress tests
- EU Drops Fiscal Fines and Sanctions against Spain
- EU Orders Spain to Recover Rail Test State Aid
- Spain Registers First Zika Virus Birth in Europe
- Tensions Heat Up Between NATO Allies as Spain and UK Spat Over Gibraltar
- Spain poised to grow 2.9 percent in 2016
- What is a Geotechnical survey and when would I need one ?
- What does it mean when an Estate Agent is a 'member of an association' ?
- The Property Buying Process in Spain