How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 4 March 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spanish Property Prices Fall Further In Q3
The Spanish government today reported how property prices continued to fall over Q3, heightening concerns with banks over their exposure to the real estate sector.
Spain's housing price index for the 3rd quarter of the year (July to September) dropped by 5.5% compared to Q3 2010 - the steepest rate of decline since 2009—and was down 1.3% on Q2 of 2011, according to the Ministry of Public Works.
The property market peaked in Q1 of 2008, and then entered a freefall of decline when the property buble crashed in the following quarter, bringing the biggest drop in values seen in decades.
The Ministry of Public Works reported how property prices have now fallen by 18% over the last three years. The country's banks already holds over €400 billion in loans to the construction and real-estate sector, which is secured by assets that are continually falling in value.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain repays EU debt early
- Spain drives more efficiently during financial crisis : report
- "Crisis in Spain not over" : President of EC
- Former Ukraine Finance Minister arrested on Spanish coast
- 4 out of 5 Spaniards feel no improvement in economy
- Five Spaniards drop out of ‘Forbes’ list
- TiVo, Vodafone Spain reach deal to update Ono smart TV offer
- Spain's Caixabank aims for pre-crisis profit levels within 3 years
- Spain sees February unemployment fall at lowest rate since 2001
- Renewables bring 48% of Spain's power in Feb 2015
- Tips When Selling Your Property In Spain
- Tips on Renting out your property
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage