How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 22 March 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spanish Property Prices Fall Further In Q3
The Spanish government today reported how property prices continued to fall over Q3, heightening concerns with banks over their exposure to the real estate sector.
Spain's housing price index for the 3rd quarter of the year (July to September) dropped by 5.5% compared to Q3 2010 - the steepest rate of decline since 2009-and was down 1.3% on Q2 of 2011, according to the Ministry of Public Works.
The property market peaked in Q1 of 2008, and then entered a freefall of decline when the property buble crashed in the following quarter, bringing the biggest drop in values seen in decades.
The Ministry of Public Works reported how property prices have now fallen by 18% over the last three years. The country's banks already holds over €400 billion in loans to the construction and real-estate sector, which is secured by assets that are continually falling in value.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Insists U.K. Agree Brexit Bill Before Starting Trade Talks
- Spain's 2016 deficit expected to be below 4.6 pct target
- Spanish union welcomes Vodafone Spain, Telefonica fibre deal
- What a ‘no deal’ Brexit would mean for healthcare of British pensioners in Spain
- Spanish PM warns opposition lack of support could force new elections
- Spanish opposition blocks dockers reform in blow to government
- Spain economy seen growing at least 0.7 quarter-on-quarter in Q1
- The number of Spaniards living abroad has risen for the eighth year in a row
- Tips When Selling Your Property In Spain
- Tips on Renting out your property
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage