How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 27 November 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spanish Property Prices Fall Further In Q3
The Spanish government today reported how property prices continued to fall over Q3, heightening concerns with banks over their exposure to the real estate sector.
Spain's housing price index for the 3rd quarter of the year (July to September) dropped by 5.5% compared to Q3 2010 - the steepest rate of decline since 2009—and was down 1.3% on Q2 of 2011, according to the Ministry of Public Works.
The property market peaked in Q1 of 2008, and then entered a freefall of decline when the property buble crashed in the following quarter, bringing the biggest drop in values seen in decades.
The Ministry of Public Works reported how property prices have now fallen by 18% over the last three years. The country's banks already holds over €400 billion in loans to the construction and real-estate sector, which is secured by assets that are continually falling in value.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain arrests three suspected jihadists
- Spain's Rajoy vows to cut tax, create jobs if re-elected
- The successes and failures of Spain’s fight against domestic abuse
- Murcia allocates budget to Corvera Airport
- Fabian Picardo re-elected as Gibraltar chief minister by a landslide
- EU General Court declares Spanish DTT subsidies illegal
- Spain's largest ever corporate bankruptcy ?
- Spain's home mortgages rise by 20.2% in Sept.
- Sean Connery’s wife faces tax fraud charges
- Spain expands anti-jihadism pact to main opposition parties
- Tips When Selling Your Property In Spain
- Tips on Renting out your property
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage