How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spanish Property Prices Fall Further In Q3
The Spanish government today reported how property prices continued to fall over Q3, heightening concerns with banks over their exposure to the real estate sector.
Spain's housing price index for the 3rd quarter of the year (July to September) dropped by 5.5% compared to Q3 2010 - the steepest rate of decline since 2009—and was down 1.3% on Q2 of 2011, according to the Ministry of Public Works.
The property market peaked in Q1 of 2008, and then entered a freefall of decline when the property buble crashed in the following quarter, bringing the biggest drop in values seen in decades.
The Ministry of Public Works reported how property prices have now fallen by 18% over the last three years. The country's banks already holds over €400 billion in loans to the construction and real-estate sector, which is secured by assets that are continually falling in value.
Latest News & Stories
- Premursa Previous With Paramount Recruitment ?
- Property prices fall 37% since 2007 highs
- Interior Ministry to install “anti-climb mesh” on Ceuta and Melilla borders
- Rajoy offers last-minute support for Merkel’s choice in EU vote
- Spain approves larger U.S. force at base
- Spain struggles to pull together multibillion euro highway bail-out
- Spain airport operator AENA eyes IPO this year
- Spanish Transport Federation Denounces British Transport Tax
- Spain marks 10th anniversary of Madrid bombings
- Spain sees closure of 27 bars per day during crisis
- Tips When Selling Your Property In Spain
- Tips on Renting out your property
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage