How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
El Hierro : Monday 7th November
Seismic activity on the island of El Hierro has continued through Sunday night to Monday morning, with a further 13 earthquakes be recorded by 09.00 hrs GMT.
The National Geographic Institute (IGN) announced how the activities measured between 1.5 and 3.0 in magnitude on the richter scale.The strongest of the earthquakes happed in Frontera, to north of the island and home of the majority of the recent activity. It occurred at 06.19 GMT, measuring 3.0 and at a depth of 21.0 km.
The remaining earthquakes occurred to the north-west of the town, between 11 and 25 kilometers deep. The last of these, 2.6 magnitude, occurred at 06.57 hours about 16 km depth and with it's epicentre off the coast.
By midnight yesterday a total of 47 earthquakes of between 1.5 and 3.9 degrees had been recorded. Three of them measured over 3.4 on the richter scale and occurred in the same area and at similar depths.
Today's Youtube clip doesn't really tell us anything new, but presents a concise review of the current situation >>>
Read further news stories about the El Hierro Volcano by clicking the link HERE .
Latest News & Stories
- Spain airport operator AENA eyes IPO this year
- Spanish Transport Federation Denounces British Transport Tax
- Spain marks 10th anniversary of Madrid bombings
- Spain sees closure of 27 bars per day during crisis
- Spain revamps debt rules to help struggling companies
- Vodafone reaches preliminary deal to buy Spain's Ono
- Aerocas approve award of contract for Castellon Airport
- Education reform protects Spanish more than other official languages
- Spain "should impose fiscal devaluation to restore competitiveness" : Montoro
- Orange Spain revenues down 1.9% in Q4 to €992 Mln