How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 26 November 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
House prices rising again
Asking prices for homes in England and Wales rose on an annual basis for the first time in more than a year in October, property Web site Rightmove said on Monday, buoyed by a dearth of properties coming onto the market.
Asking prices rose 0.2 percent on the year - the first annual rise since June 2008 - taking them to an average 230,184 pounds.
On the month, asking prices rose 2.8 percent, the biggest increase since February 2008 and the largest for a month of October in six years, Rightmove said.
Other recent surveys have also shown house prices are rising again on a monthly basis, but the trend has mostly been driven by a lack of supply as homeowners prefer to sit out the downturn rather than accept a lower price for their property.
"Current price recovery is based on an unusually thin market with transaction levels still 54 percent down on 2007" Rightmove said. "Ongoing lack of supply is driven by home owners deciding not to move given the current economic backdrop."
Rightmove said London led October's gains, with prices up by 5.2 percent on the year and 6.5 percent on the month, taking the average asking price to a record high of 416,157 pounds.
"Lack of fresh stock is the driving factor behind this record high" Rightmove said.
Latest News & Stories
- Valencia town votes against fiestas with bulls at local referendum
- Ministry had warned of suicide risk in cell where British tourist died
- Government not ruling out further counter-terrorism measures
- Spanish retailers cheer signs of Christmas recovery
- Spanish economic growth improved from Q3 in October
- Spain's trade deficit falls by 1.1% up to Sept
- Spain’s road accident death toll already past 1,000 victims in 2015
- Three babies die of whooping cough in Spain within two months
- Guardia Civil divers and sniffer dogs search river for missing Scot
- Suspected Paris Attacks Organiser Recruited Spaniards Online