How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- EUR weekly currency update - 23 January 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
El Hierro Volcano Update : 24th November
National Geographic Institute (IGN) Scientists observing seismic activity on the Canary Island of El Hierro have recorded a total of 9 earthquakes in the last 24 hours ( 14.00 hrs Wednesday - 14.00 hrs Thursday GMT )
As over previous days and weeks, all activity was located in and around the El Golfo bay area, off the coast of Frontera, on the north side of the island. Magnitudes ranged from 1.6 to 2.5 on the richter scale and depth ranged from 16 to 25 kms - none of which were felt by local residents.As far as the volcanic activity off the coast of La Resinga on the southern coast of the Island is concerned, the eruptions continued throughout yesterday, however a change in the colour of the stain suggested a change in the geological or chemical structure of the vent.
Elsewhere, in an interview with Canarias7, Geologist José Luis Barrera from the Colegio Oficial de Geólogos (ICOG) expressed his opinion that the new volcanic cone, now stands almost 100m high and at a depth of 200m, however it seems to have stopped growing in height, with the eruption venting from close to the base of the cone as opposed to from the the top of the volcanic cone.
This recently uploaded Youtube clip shows footage of a webcam overlooking the town of La Restinga and the Las Calmas bay area. Although it doesn´t capture the eruption itself it clearly shows the extent of the stain >>>>
Read further news stories about the El Hierro Volcano by clicking the link HERE .
Latest News & Stories
- Spain kicks off AENA share sale
- Spain arrests suspected militant cell in north Africa
- Murcia's San Javier Airport "to close within 6 months of Corvera opening"
- New Survey: The Future Looks Bright for Expat Workers
- Spain to negotiate increase of U.S. troops at air base
- Building Regulations - Rustic Land
- Building Regulations - Urban Land
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain