How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 10 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
El Hierro Volcano Update : 29th November
Scientists from the National Geological Institute (IGN) observing the activity on the Canary Island of El Hierro have recorded four earthquakes since Midnight on Monday.
As with previous days and weeks, the earthquakes were centered in and around the El Golfo bay area off the coast of Frontera, to the North of the Island. Magnitudes varied from 1.9 to 3.2 on the richter scale, with depths varying from between 15 to 20kms. The strongest of the quakes was measured at the shallowest depth.
Today also marks one of the quietest periods of activity since the recent earthquake swarm began on 17th July.
Meanwhile, the Sarmiento de Gamboa oceanographic research vessel has arrived in the area to study the seismic and volcanic activity in both the El Golfo bay to the north, and Las Calmas bay to the south of the island, alongside the Ramon Margagleff.
Many thanks to El Hierro : Living in the shadow of a Volcano for use of the photo.
Read further news stories about the El Hierro Volcano by clicking the link HERE .
Latest News & Stories
- Europe's regional airports struggle as traffic shifts to hubs
- Amazon opens 1,200 collection points across Spain
- Spain industrial output grows for 3rd straight month in January
- Spain warns of high risk of new Islamist attacks
- Financial Impact of Corvera Airport on Murcia Questioned
- 1 in 4 Spanish women have experienced abuse : EU survey
- Premursa Previous With Paramount Recruitment ?
- Property prices fall 37% since 2007 highs
- Interior Ministry to install “anti-climb mesh” on Ceuta and Melilla borders
- Rajoy offers last-minute support for Merkel’s choice in EU vote
- What to do when your Off Plan development is behind schedule
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage