How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 23 March 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
El Hierro Volcano Update : 29th November
Scientists from the National Geological Institute (IGN) observing the activity on the Canary Island of El Hierro have recorded four earthquakes since Midnight on Monday.
As with previous days and weeks, the earthquakes were centered in and around the El Golfo bay area off the coast of Frontera, to the North of the Island. Magnitudes varied from 1.9 to 3.2 on the richter scale, with depths varying from between 15 to 20kms. The strongest of the quakes was measured at the shallowest depth.
Today also marks one of the quietest periods of activity since the recent earthquake swarm began on 17th July.
Meanwhile, the Sarmiento de Gamboa oceanographic research vessel has arrived in the area to study the seismic and volcanic activity in both the El Golfo bay to the north, and Las Calmas bay to the south of the island, alongside the Ramon Margagleff.
Many thanks to El Hierro : Living in the shadow of a Volcano for use of the photo.
Read further news stories about the El Hierro Volcano by clicking the link HERE .
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Insists U.K. Agree Brexit Bill Before Starting Trade Talks
- Spain's 2016 deficit expected to be below 4.6 pct target
- Spanish union welcomes Vodafone Spain, Telefonica fibre deal
- What a ‘no deal’ Brexit would mean for healthcare of British pensioners in Spain
- Spanish PM warns opposition lack of support could force new elections
- Spanish opposition blocks dockers reform in blow to government
- Spain economy seen growing at least 0.7 quarter-on-quarter in Q1
- The number of Spaniards living abroad has risen for the eighth year in a row
- What to do when your Off Plan development is behind schedule
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage