How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 6 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Crime Pays (In Spain at least)
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Airline Association claims 88 Mln compensation from AENA
The Spanish Association of Air Transport Companies (ACET) is claiming 88 million euros in compensation for the effects caused by air traffic controllers dispute between May and December 2010.
Airlines represented by ACET are Iberia, Air Europa, Air Nostrum, Vueling, Gestures, Binter, and Orbest Naysa.
The President of ACET, Manuel López Colmenarejo, confirmed how 62 Million Euros of this sum refers to the losses between May to November 2010, where a number of significant delays were seen, resulting in many missed connections due to action taken by the Air Traffic Controllers.
The remaining 26 million Euros corresponds to direct losses resulting from the action taken by drivers in December of 2010, where Spanish airspace was closed before control being assumed by the Military.
The claim for compensation has been acknowledged by AENA, who also requested that ACET gave a breakdown of how the calculations for their claim.
Latest News & Stories
- Greater powers for Spain's central bank planned
- Spain Appoints New Body To Represent SMEs
- Spain retailers take on more holiday staff
- Spain ‘will take 20 years to recover from crisis’
- Emergency Landing at Madrid-Barajas
- A quarter of expats not being offered moving allowance
- Spain to Privatise Rail Services From Early 2014
- Spain's industrial output falls in Oct after brief Sept rise
- Questions asked in UK Parliament over Spain's Gibraltar Hypocrisy
- Moody's revises Spain's outlook to stable