How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 24 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Airline Association claims 88 Mln compensation from AENA
The Spanish Association of Air Transport Companies (ACET) is claiming 88 million euros in compensation for the effects caused by air traffic controllers dispute between May and December 2010.
Airlines represented by ACET are Iberia, Air Europa, Air Nostrum, Vueling, Gestures, Binter, and Orbest Naysa.
The President of ACET, Manuel López Colmenarejo, confirmed how 62 Million Euros of this sum refers to the losses between May to November 2010, where a number of significant delays were seen, resulting in many missed connections due to action taken by the Air Traffic Controllers.
The remaining 26 million Euros corresponds to direct losses resulting from the action taken by drivers in December of 2010, where Spanish airspace was closed before control being assumed by the Military.
The claim for compensation has been acknowledged by AENA, who also requested that ACET gave a breakdown of how the calculations for their claim.
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces €30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the world’s 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now