How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Mr Grumpy : Officially an 'Old Bastard'
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Bilbao airport sees peak traffic for bank holiday week
Bilbao Airport is scheduled to operate a total of 1,166 flights between Friday 2nd and Monday 12th December to mark the week in which many Spaniards traditionally take a number of extra days off work to coincide with the two National Fiesta days - The Spanish Constitution Day and the Day of Immaculate Conception.
Over this period it is estimated that in excess of 153,000 passengers will use the airport, according to AENA sources. The busiest days are expected to be Friday 2nd and Wednesday 7th with operations reaching between 120-125 per day and passenger numbers reaching as many as 15´000 per day.
The Ministry of Development notes that the usual charter routes will be operated from the airport, but many more charter flights have also been added by a number of tour operators. These include direct flights from Bilbao to Malta, Istanbul, Prague and Berlin in charter flights, as well as the regular scheduled routes to major European capital cities such as London, Paris, Rome, Amsterdam and Lisbon.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Second offer to buy Castellon Airport "Not Economically Viable"
- Spain to close 48 railway routes
- Regional debt falls in Q1
- Changes to Spain's Education System Approved
- Expats targeted by money launderers
- Night in the Cells for Spanish Banker
- IMF Inspectors to visit Spain next week
- Spain to Clamp Down on "Tax Havens"
- Bank of Spain Debts Jump in March
- Hunt for those at fault for Spain's bank crisis gains pace
- How to Apply for Free State Healthcare in Spain
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Fiestas in Spain