How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 23 April 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
El Hierro Volcano Update : 8th & 9th December
Scientists from Spain´s National Geological Institute (IGN) who are observing the recent seismic and volcanic activity on the Canary Island of El Hierro have recorded just 4 Earthquakes over the course of the last 48 Hours (12.00 hrs Wednesday - 12.00 hrs Friday GMT).
The activities continue to be centered in and around the El Golfo bay area, off the coast of the town of Frontera, on the northern side of the island.
Meanwhile, to the South of the Island off the coast of La Restinga, the underwater Volcanic vents in the Las Calmas bay are continuing to erupt. Smouldering Pyroclastic rocks continue to be brought to the surface.
PEVOLCA have also issued a statement which maintains a red state of alert for the are immediately surrounding the vents, although a coridor has been opened up to allow boats in and out of the harbour at La Restinga and along parts of the coastline. Recent data has also placed the location of the vent at between 140 to 160 mts below the surface of the jacuzzi.
This morning´s Youtube clip shows footage taken from the webcam over looking the eruption yesterday. You can see the stain, with the smoke and steam being produced as the volcanic rocks are being produced on the surface >>>
Read further news stories about the El Hierro Volcano by clicking the link HERE .
Latest News & Stories
- Spain investigates offensive Twitter account
- Spain Easter road deaths up on 2013
- Poll finds Spain disapproves of homosexuality the least
- Orange Spain preparing new ADSL price reduction
- Gibraltar Fire Halts Easter Sunday Gambling
- Spain sets example for world in organ donation
- Spain banks' bad loans ratio 13.4% in Feb
- Castellon Airport costs Valencia €46,300 per day
- EU sends investigators to Leon Airport
- Germany cancels scheme to attract young jobless from abroad
- What is a Geotechnical survey and when would I need one ?
- What does it mean when an Estate Agent is a 'member of an association' ?
- What is a Cedula, and why do I need one ?