How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 11 February 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
El Hierro Volcano Update : 8th & 9th December
Scientists from Spain´s National Geological Institute (IGN) who are observing the recent seismic and volcanic activity on the Canary Island of El Hierro have recorded just 4 Earthquakes over the course of the last 48 Hours (12.00 hrs Wednesday - 12.00 hrs Friday GMT).
The activities continue to be centered in and around the El Golfo bay area, off the coast of the town of Frontera, on the northern side of the island.
Meanwhile, to the South of the Island off the coast of La Restinga, the underwater Volcanic vents in the Las Calmas bay are continuing to erupt. Smouldering Pyroclastic rocks continue to be brought to the surface.
PEVOLCA have also issued a statement which maintains a red state of alert for the are immediately surrounding the vents, although a coridor has been opened up to allow boats in and out of the harbour at La Restinga and along parts of the coastline. Recent data has also placed the location of the vent at between 140 to 160 mts below the surface of the jacuzzi.
This morning´s Youtube clip shows footage taken from the webcam over looking the eruption yesterday. You can see the stain, with the smoke and steam being produced as the volcanic rocks are being produced on the surface >>>
Read further news stories about the El Hierro Volcano by clicking the link HERE .
Latest News & Stories
- New businesses in Spain rises by 0.5 pct in 2015
- 2 New cases of Zika in Spain brings total to 9
- Spain housing sales rise 11.1 percent in 2015 y/y
- Session to name Spain’s next PM may take place in early March
- Podemos deputies to be moved from “nosebleed section” of Congress
- Spanish 2016 growth could be less than forecast
- Spain shelves case against former ally of Mexican president
- Spain's Princess Cristina returns to court in tax fraud trial
- Olive oil prices jumped almost 20% in 2015
- IBM Spain to withdraw redundancy plan
- What is a Geotechnical survey and when would I need one ?
- What does it mean when an Estate Agent is a 'member of an association' ?
- What is a Cedula, and why do I need one ?