How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 12 February 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Criminal charges brought against AENA
Criminal charges were filed on the 2nd of December against Spain´s Airports Authority (AENA) and its Directors by 1´330 of their air traffic controllers.
Over half of Air traffic controllers employed by the operator took strike action last December, which resulted in the closure of Spanish airspace which caused significant disruption over the holiday period, which was only resolved with the intervention of the military.
The President of AENA, Juan Ignacio Lema, is one of those directly affected, along with Carmen Librero, the Director of Navigation left the employ of AENA in July 2011, together with 3 of his colleagues: Salvador Merino, Enrique Gonzalez and Andrew Torrecilla, according to Spanish daily newspaper, Cinco Dias.
The lawsuits brought against the accused Directors allege crimes such as corruption, embezzlement of public funds, forgery, disclosure of secrets and crime against the workers.
The USCA Air Traffic Controllers Union is backing the decision of the 1´300 AENA employees.
The newspaper notes that AENA is working together with the Ministry of Development to formulate a `legal strategy´ against the claims of the controllers.
Latest News & Stories
- The 6 Year Sickie
- Spanish government using courts to avoid freedom of information requests
- Rajoy refuses PSOE leader handshake
- New businesses in Spain rises by 0.5 pct in 2015
- 2 New cases of Zika in Spain brings total to 9
- Spain housing sales rise 11.1 percent in 2015 y/y
- Session to name Spain’s next PM may take place in early March
- Podemos deputies to be moved from “nosebleed section” of Congress
- Spanish 2016 growth could be less than forecast
- Spain shelves case against former ally of Mexican president
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Employing Staff in Spain