How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Road haulage strike before christmas
Spain's road hauliers have announced they will take strike action on the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of December, which looks likely to affect supplies to the country's supermarkets as well as parcel deliveries in the run up to the busy christmas period.
A spokesperson for the lorry drivers' union has confimed that deliveries of essential services, such as hospital supplies and the transporting of live animals will remain unaffected by the action.
Drivers from the UGT and CCOO unions are taking action after failing to reach an agreement with industry leaders over the renewal of their fixed collective agreement covering working conditions, rights and duties.
A further concern is that the sector says it cannot guarantee jobs next year, and plans to freeze wages.
A meeting is due to be held on Monday in a last ditch attempt to resolve the problems before further strikes effect the country in the run up to Christmas.
Latest News & Stories
- Aerocas approve award of contract for Castellon Airport
- Education reform protects Spanish more than other official languages
- Spain "should impose fiscal devaluation to restore competitiveness" : Montoro
- Orange Spain revenues down 1.9% in Q4 to €992 Mln
- Lidl to invest further €180 Mln in Spain
- Spain to ease corporate debt refinancing rules
- Catalonia to tax banks for keeping properties empty
- Drinking among Spanish youngsters on the rise
- Interior Minister to visit Ceuta and Melilla over “emergency” border situation
- Spain services sector grows for 4th straight month in Feb - PMI