How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 27 October 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Road haulage strike before christmas
Spain's road hauliers have announced they will take strike action on the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of December, which looks likely to affect supplies to the country's supermarkets as well as parcel deliveries in the run up to the busy christmas period.
A spokesperson for the lorry drivers' union has confimed that deliveries of essential services, such as hospital supplies and the transporting of live animals will remain unaffected by the action.
Drivers from the UGT and CCOO unions are taking action after failing to reach an agreement with industry leaders over the renewal of their fixed collective agreement covering working conditions, rights and duties.
A further concern is that the sector says it cannot guarantee jobs next year, and plans to freeze wages.
A meeting is due to be held on Monday in a last ditch attempt to resolve the problems before further strikes effect the country in the run up to Christmas.
Latest News & Stories
- Balearics Fight to Keep GMT
- Outrage as Spain Wins £150m UK Steel Contract
- Rajoy set to be reinvested as Prime Minster
- Russia Withdraws Refuelling Request to Spain