How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 26 April 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Road haulage strike before christmas
Spain's road hauliers have announced they will take strike action on the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of December, which looks likely to affect supplies to the country's supermarkets as well as parcel deliveries in the run up to the busy christmas period.
A spokesperson for the lorry drivers' union has confimed that deliveries of essential services, such as hospital supplies and the transporting of live animals will remain unaffected by the action.
Drivers from the UGT and CCOO unions are taking action after failing to reach an agreement with industry leaders over the renewal of their fixed collective agreement covering working conditions, rights and duties.
A further concern is that the sector says it cannot guarantee jobs next year, and plans to freeze wages.
A meeting is due to be held on Monday in a last ditch attempt to resolve the problems before further strikes effect the country in the run up to Christmas.
Latest News & Stories
- Pensioners miss flight to Spain after being abandoned in Airport
- Britons buy fewer houses in Spain after Brexit vote
- Almost 28% of Spanish population at risk of poverty or social exclusion
- Bank of Spain says structural reforms needed to further reduce deficit
- Brexit takes its toll on Spanish property market
- Spain’s “golden visa” scheme brings in €2.16 billion in first three years
- Vueling increasing capacity on flights from Cardiff to Spain
- Spanish police arrest 25 in suspected Chinese mafia bust
- Spanish PM Rajoy on the ropes as corruption scandals hit ruling party