How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 23 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Road haulage strike before christmas
Spain's road hauliers have announced they will take strike action on the 21st, 22nd and 23rd of December, which looks likely to affect supplies to the country's supermarkets as well as parcel deliveries in the run up to the busy christmas period.
A spokesperson for the lorry drivers' union has confimed that deliveries of essential services, such as hospital supplies and the transporting of live animals will remain unaffected by the action.
Drivers from the UGT and CCOO unions are taking action after failing to reach an agreement with industry leaders over the renewal of their fixed collective agreement covering working conditions, rights and duties.
A further concern is that the sector says it cannot guarantee jobs next year, and plans to freeze wages.
A meeting is due to be held on Monday in a last ditch attempt to resolve the problems before further strikes effect the country in the run up to Christmas.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Sees Cost of Petrol and Diesel Fall
- Spanish Students Protest for 3 Consecutive Days
- Spain's Bankinter profit up 31.6%
- Bank of Spain sees Q3 GDP growth at 0.5 pct q/q
- Spanish unemployment falls to 3 year low
- Spain to invest €864m in ports in 2015
- PP seeks to legalise spot deportations of illegal immigrants
- Catalan Finance Chief Open to 'Scottish Solution' in Spain
- Spain sees foreign visitor numbers up 7.4% 2014 y-t-d
- Iberdrola Profit Declines After Spain Cuts Renewable Subsidies