How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Friday 28 August 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
El Hierro Volcano Update : 13th December
Scientists from Spain's National Geological Institute (IGN) who are have been observing the seismic and volcanic activity on the Canary Island of El Hierro, have recorded no earthquakes at all over the course of the last two days.
As of 21.00 hrs GMT on Tuesday, the last activity recorded was at 02.11 hrs on Sunday the 11th December, at a magnitude of 1.9 on the richter scale and at a depth of 18kms. As in recent weeks, the epcientre was located in the El Golfo bay area, off the coast of Frontera on the northern side of the island.
The sudden fall in seismic activity has not yet been accompanied by a similar fall in volcanic activity - namely the emissions erupting from the underwater vent in the Las Calmas bay area to the south of the island.
Whilst the casual observer may be drawn to speculate that this decline in the number of earthquakes and their frequencies indicates that the volcanic activity is ending, PEVOLCA and the IGN are continuing to monitor the island. Previous experience of similar activities shows how it is difficult to draw a parallel and predict such events.
Whislt the Island remains on a yellow state of alert, and fishing, swimming and diving is still prohibited in the las Calmas area, it is still too early for the residents of the island to be celebrating the return to normality.
Read further news stories about the El Hierro Volcano by clicking the link HERE .
Latest News & Stories
- Guardia raids ruling Catalan party over illegal commissions
- Spain confident its Gibraltar tough policy is 'bearing fruit' and will continue
- Spain accuses suspect of running Islamic State network Morocco
- Consumption drives Spanish economy to grow in Q2
- Separatist says independent Catalonia would leave EU temporarily
- La Tomatina sets record on 70th Birthday
- Catalan citizenship offer enrages authorities in Valencia and Aragon
- Rajoy : "China volatility will not affect Spain forecasts"
- Spain, Morocco arrest 14 suspected of recruiting for ISIS
- Mosquito Virus Detected In Spain
- Tips When Selling Your Property In Spain
- What is a Geotechnical survey and when would I need one ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain