How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 2 October 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
El Hierro Volcano Update : 13th December
Scientists from Spain's National Geological Institute (IGN) who are have been observing the seismic and volcanic activity on the Canary Island of El Hierro, have recorded no earthquakes at all over the course of the last two days.
As of 21.00 hrs GMT on Tuesday, the last activity recorded was at 02.11 hrs on Sunday the 11th December, at a magnitude of 1.9 on the richter scale and at a depth of 18kms. As in recent weeks, the epcientre was located in the El Golfo bay area, off the coast of Frontera on the northern side of the island.
The sudden fall in seismic activity has not yet been accompanied by a similar fall in volcanic activity - namely the emissions erupting from the underwater vent in the Las Calmas bay area to the south of the island.
Whilst the casual observer may be drawn to speculate that this decline in the number of earthquakes and their frequencies indicates that the volcanic activity is ending, PEVOLCA and the IGN are continuing to monitor the island. Previous experience of similar activities shows how it is difficult to draw a parallel and predict such events.
Whislt the Island remains on a yellow state of alert, and fishing, swimming and diving is still prohibited in the las Calmas area, it is still too early for the residents of the island to be celebrating the return to normality.
Read further news stories about the El Hierro Volcano by clicking the link HERE .
Latest News & Stories
- Gibraltar accuses EU's Almunia of "Spanish Bias"
- Spain new car sales up 26.2 pct yr/yr in Sept
- 31 arrested in joint Bulgaria-Spain ATM fraud operation
- Galica town hall targeted with explosive device
- Paramount Murcia : 4 Octobers of Nothing Much
- Corvera Certificates required end 2014, or new application required
- Catalonia suspends referendum campaign
- Fitch's praises Spain's Banks, forecasts property prices stabilize : Report
- Spain to Borrow EU242 Bln in 2015 as Debt Reaches 100% of GDP
- Carrefour Spain gives IVA discounts to young people
- Tips When Selling Your Property In Spain
- What is a Geotechnical survey and when would I need one ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain