How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 23 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Unnim posts 107-million-euro loss as bad loans jump
Unnim, the Spanish lender that has been taken over by the Bank of Spain, posted a loss in the first nine months of the year of 107 million euros due to a jump in non-performing loans, a deterioration in the value of its real estate assets and restructuring costs, the bank said in a statement on Friday.
Unnim said its non-performing loan ratio as of the end of September climbed to 8.34% of total lending. The ratio at the end of the first half, when Unnim booked a profit of 25.4 million euros, was 6.34%.
The central bank is preparing the sale of Unnim, which was formed by the merger of the Catalan saving banks Caixa Manlleu, Sabadell and Terrassa. About 20 local lenders and foreign funds have requested information from the Bank of Spain on the sale.
The central bank recently sold nationalized lender CAM to Banco Sabadell.
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces €30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the world’s 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now
- How and where to complain about my Bank in Spain
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Bank Charges in Spain