How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Unnim posts 107-million-euro loss as bad loans jump
Unnim, the Spanish lender that has been taken over by the Bank of Spain, posted a loss in the first nine months of the year of 107 million euros due to a jump in non-performing loans, a deterioration in the value of its real estate assets and restructuring costs, the bank said in a statement on Friday.
Unnim said its non-performing loan ratio as of the end of September climbed to 8.34% of total lending. The ratio at the end of the first half, when Unnim booked a profit of 25.4 million euros, was 6.34%.
The central bank is preparing the sale of Unnim, which was formed by the merger of the Catalan saving banks Caixa Manlleu, Sabadell and Terrassa. About 20 local lenders and foreign funds have requested information from the Bank of Spain on the sale.
The central bank recently sold nationalized lender CAM to Banco Sabadell.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's Prado loses 885 peices of art
- BBVA expects profit boost from Catalunya Banc purchase
- Spain sets rules for dealing with unaccompanied foreign children
- Catalan Separatists Say Debt Investors Can Help Campaign
- Travel authorities call for responsible tourism in Spain after sex scandal
- Spain's AENA appoints banks for IPO
- Spain sets another record for foreign tourism
- Gibraltar says data proves Spain border queues are deliberate
- BBVA to buy Spain's nationalized Catalunya Banc
- Spain set to double rail accident compensation
- How and where to complain about my Bank in Spain
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Bank Charges in Spain