How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
CLICK HERE to find out more...
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Unnim posts 107-million-euro loss as bad loans jump
Unnim, the Spanish lender that has been taken over by the Bank of Spain, posted a loss in the first nine months of the year of 107 million euros due to a jump in non-performing loans, a deterioration in the value of its real estate assets and restructuring costs, the bank said in a statement on Friday.
Unnim said its non-performing loan ratio as of the end of September climbed to 8.34% of total lending. The ratio at the end of the first half, when Unnim booked a profit of 25.4 million euros, was 6.34%.
The central bank is preparing the sale of Unnim, which was formed by the merger of the Catalan saving banks Caixa Manlleu, Sabadell and Terrassa. About 20 local lenders and foreign funds have requested information from the Bank of Spain on the sale.
The central bank recently sold nationalized lender CAM to Banco Sabadell.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish Court Convicts 22 Riot Police Officers
- Rajoy Pledges to Cut Taxes by 2015
- Second offer to buy Castellon Airport "Not Economically Viable"
- Spain to close 48 railway routes
- Regional debt falls in Q1
- Changes to Spain's Education System Approved
- Expats targeted by money launderers
- Night in the Cells for Spanish Banker
- IMF Inspectors to visit Spain next week
- Spain to Clamp Down on "Tax Havens"
- How and where to complain about my Bank in Spain
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Bank Charges in Spain