How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Friday 3 July 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain expected to ask for financial assistance
The new government is considering applying for loans from the EU's rescue fund and the IMF to finance the restructuring of the country’s financial industry, Spanish newspaper Expansion is reported this morning, citing unnamed sources close to the matter.
The Spanish Ibex 35 equity benchmark is now one of the worst performers on the continent, falling 1.40% to the 8,611.30 point level.
Santander shares also fell by 4.35% to reach the €5.76 mark. However, this may also be down to new shares issued by the Bank as part of a convertible bond exchange being launched today.
Meanwhile, shares of Spain's second largest Bank - BBVA - fell 3.29% to reach €6.61.
Only yesterday Goldman Sachs economists were reported as deeming it necessary that the new government should clarify whether the restructuring of the Spanish financial sector will require new government resources.
Fitch's credit ratings agency also came out with a slightly pessimistic report on the country´s growth outlook for 2012, cutting its GDP projection for the year from 1.5% to 1.0%. Economists at Goldman Sachs, on the other hand, see the Spanish economy contracting by 1.5%.
Latest News & Stories
- Gibraltar protests over yet another Spanish Naval incursion
- Spain services growth slows in June (but so does unemployment)
- Spain's De Guindos says a Greek 'Yes' would facilitate talks
- Seville church website removes article on “curing” homosexuality
- UK and Spain grant most EU citizenships
- Spain sees unemployment fall for 5th straight month
- Spain brushes off Greek concerns as it hikes growth forecast
- Spain's León Airlines folds after just 8 weeks
- Spanish air traffic controllers call further strikes for July
- Orange Spain Launches Holiday Pre-Paid SIM