How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain expected to ask for financial assistance
The new government is considering applying for loans from the EU's rescue fund and the IMF to finance the restructuring of the country’s financial industry, Spanish newspaper Expansion is reported this morning, citing unnamed sources close to the matter.
The Spanish Ibex 35 equity benchmark is now one of the worst performers on the continent, falling 1.40% to the 8,611.30 point level.
Santander shares also fell by 4.35% to reach the €5.76 mark. However, this may also be down to new shares issued by the Bank as part of a convertible bond exchange being launched today.
Meanwhile, shares of Spain's second largest Bank - BBVA - fell 3.29% to reach €6.61.
Only yesterday Goldman Sachs economists were reported as deeming it necessary that the new government should clarify whether the restructuring of the Spanish financial sector will require new government resources.
Fitch's credit ratings agency also came out with a slightly pessimistic report on the country´s growth outlook for 2012, cutting its GDP projection for the year from 1.5% to 1.0%. Economists at Goldman Sachs, on the other hand, see the Spanish economy contracting by 1.5%.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain airport operator AENA eyes IPO this year
- Spanish Transport Federation Denounces British Transport Tax
- Spain marks 10th anniversary of Madrid bombings
- Spain sees closure of 27 bars per day during crisis
- Spain revamps debt rules to help struggling companies
- Vodafone reaches preliminary deal to buy Spain's Ono
- Aerocas approve award of contract for Castellon Airport
- Education reform protects Spanish more than other official languages
- Spain "should impose fiscal devaluation to restore competitiveness" : Montoro
- Orange Spain revenues down 1.9% in Q4 to €992 Mln