How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 14 April 2014
- The Vegetarian Barbeque and the Unholy Sex
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain expected to ask for financial assistance
The new government is considering applying for loans from the EU's rescue fund and the IMF to finance the restructuring of the country’s financial industry, Spanish newspaper Expansion is reported this morning, citing unnamed sources close to the matter.
The Spanish Ibex 35 equity benchmark is now one of the worst performers on the continent, falling 1.40% to the 8,611.30 point level.
Santander shares also fell by 4.35% to reach the €5.76 mark. However, this may also be down to new shares issued by the Bank as part of a convertible bond exchange being launched today.
Meanwhile, shares of Spain's second largest Bank - BBVA - fell 3.29% to reach €6.61.
Only yesterday Goldman Sachs economists were reported as deeming it necessary that the new government should clarify whether the restructuring of the Spanish financial sector will require new government resources.
Fitch's credit ratings agency also came out with a slightly pessimistic report on the country´s growth outlook for 2012, cutting its GDP projection for the year from 1.5% to 1.0%. Economists at Goldman Sachs, on the other hand, see the Spanish economy contracting by 1.5%.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Unemployment to take decade to recover
- Less vehicles in Spain travel toll roads
- Spain approves coal subsidies ahead of shutdowns
- Spain’s roads in worst condition since 1985
- Study reveals food and family main reasons behind expat repatriation
- Guardia Civil 'Brit Torturers' face 26 years
- Independent Catalaonia would not become EU member : Brussels
- Five Spanish regions top EU unemployment table for 2013
- Bank of Spain denies report of stress tests this month
- Expats capitalising on rising UK house prices