How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 23 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Ireland fines Merrill $4.1 mln for trade incidents
Ireland's financial regulator has fined Merrill Lynch International Bank Ltd, a unit of Bank of America Corp, 2.75 million euros ($4.13 million) for two cases of traders inappropriately valuing their positions.
The regulator said the first incident occurred between Dec.2008 and Feb. 2009, resulting in losses to Merrill of $456 million and the second between May and August 2009, resulting ina $5.3 million loss. Both occurred at Merrill's London branch.
"Breaches of regulatory requirements common to both incidents were a failure to have in place a well defined and transparent line of supervisory responsibility; a failure to supervise the trader's activity and an inadequate month-end independent price verification process" the regulator said.
Merrill Lynch has taken complete remedial action to fully rectify the breaches and the matter is now closed, it added.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Sees Cost of Petrol and Diesel Fall
- Spanish Students Protest for 3 Consecutive Days
- Spain's Bankinter profit up 31.6%
- Bank of Spain sees Q3 GDP growth at 0.5 pct q/q
- Spanish unemployment falls to 3 year low
- Spain to invest €864m in ports in 2015
- PP seeks to legalise spot deportations of illegal immigrants
- Catalan Finance Chief Open to 'Scottish Solution' in Spain
- Spain sees foreign visitor numbers up 7.4% 2014 y-t-d
- Iberdrola Profit Declines After Spain Cuts Renewable Subsidies