How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 14 April 2014
- The Vegetarian Barbeque and the Unholy Sex
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Ireland fines Merrill $4.1 mln for trade incidents
Ireland's financial regulator has fined Merrill Lynch International Bank Ltd, a unit of Bank of America Corp, 2.75 million euros ($4.13 million) for two cases of traders inappropriately valuing their positions.
The regulator said the first incident occurred between Dec.2008 and Feb. 2009, resulting in losses to Merrill of $456 million and the second between May and August 2009, resulting ina $5.3 million loss. Both occurred at Merrill's London branch.
"Breaches of regulatory requirements common to both incidents were a failure to have in place a well defined and transparent line of supervisory responsibility; a failure to supervise the trader's activity and an inadequate month-end independent price verification process" the regulator said.
Merrill Lynch has taken complete remedial action to fully rectify the breaches and the matter is now closed, it added.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Unemployment to take decade to recover
- Less vehicles in Spain travel toll roads
- Spain approves coal subsidies ahead of shutdowns
- Spainís roads in worst condition since 1985
- Study reveals food and family main reasons behind expat repatriation
- Guardia Civil 'Brit Torturers' face 26 years
- Independent Catalaonia would not become EU member : Brussels
- Five Spanish regions top EU unemployment table for 2013
- Bank of Spain denies report of stress tests this month
- Expats capitalising on rising UK house prices