How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 10 February 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Conflict of interests at Corvera ?
When Murcia's much awaited new Corvera international airport finally becomes operational later this year, it will inherit the worst passenger numbers in six years from San Javier airport.
Despite significant investment on a new runway and a refurbished terminal hall in recent years, passenger numbers flying into San Javier have now reached their lowest number since 2005. Numbers peaked in 2007 at almost 2 million, but have since fallen rapidly to stand at just 1.2 Million - a fall of almost 37%.
With the Paramount Pictures Theme Park at nearby Alhama de Murcia not scheduled to open for a further three years, it will be a while before visitors to the attraction can be relied upon to supply the airport with business. As such Corvera must concentrate on attracting business from passengers who have previously used other airports - with Alicante' El Altet airport being the obvious target.
El Altet, just 90km away, is part of the AENA network of Airports, whilst Corvera remains privately owned by Aeromur, but operated and managed by AENA - is there a conflict of interests going on here ? Have AENA already begun the 'fight' to retain their passenger numbers ?
Two recent and very different peices of information have been made available by different sources, which allow two totally different conclusions to be drawn concerning the furture of El Altet, and therefore the possible success of Corvera : Make you own mind up .....
Latest News & Stories
- New businesses in Spain rises by 0.5 pct in 2015
- 2 New cases of Zika in Spain brings total to 9
- Spain housing sales rise 11.1 percent in 2015 y/y
- Session to name Spain’s next PM may take place in early March
- Podemos deputies to be moved from “nosebleed section” of Congress
- Spanish 2016 growth could be less than forecast
- Spain shelves case against former ally of Mexican president
- Spain's Princess Cristina returns to court in tax fraud trial
- Olive oil prices jumped almost 20% in 2015
- IBM Spain to withdraw redundancy plan