How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain 'may have already entered recession'
Spain's National Institute of Statistics (INE) have published statistics earlier today, depicting a worrying state of the economy of the country.
Increasing levels of unemployment, which are teetering around 21.5% with little signs of improving in the near future, together with an industrial output, which was shown to have fallen 7% year-on-year in November, are compounded by the economy as whole shrinking in the previous quarter.
The prediction for the first quarter of 2012 is also expected to contract, and with the Economy as a whole shrinking by 0.8% over 2011, analysts have concerns that the country may have already entered a recession.
This echoes a statement made before Parliament by Spain's Minister of Finance, Cristobal Montoro, yesterday : "The economy has stalled, it is on the edge of a recession,Ē he told the house.
November's figures were the worst in more than 2 years, when industrial output plummeted to 7.0%, following a 4.2% fall in October.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain congratulates new UK FM and calls for "Dialogue on Gibraltar"
- Could a Scottish Yes vote derail Spain's fragile recovery?
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers
- Spain unemployment falls to lowest in 2 years
- Repsol to start searching for oil off Canary Islands coast by end of year
- eBay's StubHub sting ringleader detained in Spain
- More than 1,000 would-be migrants attempt Melilla fence jump
- Vodafone, Orange update FTTH agreement following Ono deal
- Iberdrola Profit Drops as Spain Renewable Subsidy Cuts Hit
- Bank of Spain Says Growth Accelerated in Q2
- Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Spain
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- When you canít pay the Mortgage