How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 14 April 2014
- The Vegetarian Barbeque and the Unholy Sex
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain 'may have already entered recession'
Spain's National Institute of Statistics (INE) have published statistics earlier today, depicting a worrying state of the economy of the country.
Increasing levels of unemployment, which are teetering around 21.5% with little signs of improving in the near future, together with an industrial output, which was shown to have fallen 7% year-on-year in November, are compounded by the economy as whole shrinking in the previous quarter.
The prediction for the first quarter of 2012 is also expected to contract, and with the Economy as a whole shrinking by 0.8% over 2011, analysts have concerns that the country may have already entered a recession.
This echoes a statement made before Parliament by Spain's Minister of Finance, Cristobal Montoro, yesterday : "The economy has stalled, it is on the edge of a recession,” he told the house.
November's figures were the worst in more than 2 years, when industrial output plummeted to 7.0%, following a 4.2% fall in October.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Unemployment to take decade to recover
- Less vehicles in Spain travel toll roads
- Spain approves coal subsidies ahead of shutdowns
- Spain’s roads in worst condition since 1985
- Study reveals food and family main reasons behind expat repatriation
- Guardia Civil 'Brit Torturers' face 26 years
- Independent Catalaonia would not become EU member : Brussels
- Five Spanish regions top EU unemployment table for 2013
- Bank of Spain denies report of stress tests this month
- Expats capitalising on rising UK house prices
- Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Spain
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage