How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Tuesday 28 July 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spanish govt pledges to pay back drugmakers
The Spanish government is firmly committed to covering payments owed to drugmakers by the country's debt-laden regional governments, the new health minister said after a meeting with the Farmaindustria lobby on Wednesday.
The drug sector lobby group has asked for state-guaranteed securities from regional governments to cover 5.83 billion euros in unpaid bills for drugs supplied to public hospitals.
Spain's regional governments, which control health and education, are struggling to pay suppliers following the collapse of a real estate boom which slashed their tax revenue and froze access to capital markets.
Health Minister Ana Mato also said the recently-elected centre-right government would create a stable regulatory framework for the drug industry, while stressing the need to bring pharmaceutical spending in line with the current economic situation.
Spain is struggling to bring its public deficit in line with European Union targets and stimulate an economy on the brink of recession.
Latest News & Stories
- New PP Delegate for Murcia brings Corvera Airport Confidence ?
- Spain's Podemos losing support amongst voters - poll
- Spain worse place in Europe for Brits being scammed : Report
- Lycamobile Spain launches "unlimited" European calls plan
- Spain's Euskaltel agrees offer for R Cable
- Galicia crash inquiry stalls 2years after Spain’s deadliest train accident
- FACUA demands Ryanair compensates passengers affected by strike
- Sacyr, still reeling from Corvera upset, struggling with Repsol debt
- Spain's Bankinter H1 net profit up 32%
- Spain sees unemployment fall to 3-Year low end Q2
- How to Apply for Free State Healthcare in Spain
- Medical Emergencies & Pharmacies
- Having A Baby in Spain