How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 27 May 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spanish govt pledges to pay back drugmakers
The Spanish government is firmly committed to covering payments owed to drugmakers by the country's debt-laden regional governments, the new health minister said after a meeting with the Farmaindustria lobby on Wednesday.
The drug sector lobby group has asked for state-guaranteed securities from regional governments to cover 5.83 billion euros in unpaid bills for drugs supplied to public hospitals.
Spain's regional governments, which control health and education, are struggling to pay suppliers following the collapse of a real estate boom which slashed their tax revenue and froze access to capital markets.
Health Minister Ana Mato also said the recently-elected centre-right government would create a stable regulatory framework for the drug industry, while stressing the need to bring pharmaceutical spending in line with the current economic situation.
Spain is struggling to bring its public deficit in line with European Union targets and stimulate an economy on the brink of recession.
Latest News & Stories
- Vodafone Spain to start offering Telefonica indirect fibre
- Spain arrests 30 suspected of laundering money in bitcoin centres
- Passenger flight dodges three drones before landing in Bilbao
- Almost 30% of Spaniards at risk of poverty or social exclusion
- Spain tops euro zone for political risk to the economy, says ECB
- 30 arrests in Spain for pay-TV piracy
- Spain's centre-right PP to strengthen position in election - poll
- Popular Party faces freeze on assets if it fails to pay €1.2m civil bond
- Spain trade deficit falls 10.6% in March y/y
- Security fears hit Thomas Cook as tourists choose Spain over Turkey
- How to Apply for Free State Healthcare in Spain
- Medical Emergencies & Pharmacies
- Having A Baby in Spain