How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 31 March 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Barcelona Chief of Police in Court over M-15 Violence
Barcelona's Chief of Police, Joan Carles Molinero, has been called to court to testify as the defendant over the forced eviction of the 'Los Indignados' protesters from Plaza de Catalunya on May 27th of last year.
The courts have already ascertained from previous testimonies that it was Molinero who co-ordinated the action.
More than 100 protestors were injured when the Catalan Police took action against the protestors to force them out of the square, with their blocking access to cleaning crews being given as the official reason.In response a small number of the protestors - part of the 15-M movement against political corruption and economic mismanagement - refused to move and as such violent and forceful action was taken against them.
The investigating judge has requested transcripts of the conversations held between police headquarters and officers at Plaza de Catalunya. The actions of the city's former security deputy, Assumpta Escarp, and the head of riot police, David Bordas, are also being investigated.
Just last week Human Right Watch citicised the Spanish Police over what they deemed to be "excessive force" in dealing with the situation.
Latest News & Stories
- Only 14 of Spain's 48 Airports in profit
- Dining out Across Spain : Study
- Spain Freezes Hundreds of Russian Accounts
- Spain to bring 100 Mbps broadband to all schools
- British Expat Couple Shot Dead in Alicante
- Saloufest 2015 underway
- Murcia's San Javier Airport not to close imminently
- Spanish train maker Talgo eyeing share listing in May
- 23 'Decontaminated' in Madrid terror alert
- Spain Pilots unions claims '2 person rule' ineffictive
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain
- The Police in Spain – Who they are and their Responsibilities