How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 19 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Barcelona Chief of Police in Court over M-15 Violence
Barcelona's Chief of Police, Joan Carles Molinero, has been called to court to testify as the defendant over the forced eviction of the 'Los Indignados' protesters from Plaza de Catalunya on May 27th of last year.
The courts have already ascertained from previous testimonies that it was Molinero who co-ordinated the action.
More than 100 protestors were injured when the Catalan Police took action against the protestors to force them out of the square, with their blocking access to cleaning crews being given as the official reason.In response a small number of the protestors - part of the 15-M movement against political corruption and economic mismanagement - refused to move and as such violent and forceful action was taken against them.
The investigating judge has requested transcripts of the conversations held between police headquarters and officers at Plaza de Catalunya. The actions of the city's former security deputy, Assumpta Escarp, and the head of riot police, David Bordas, are also being investigated.
Just last week Human Right Watch citicised the Spanish Police over what they deemed to be "excessive force" in dealing with the situation.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's bad loans ratio rises slightly to 13.2% in July
- Spain hosts international conference on Libya
- Spain to replace Dutch NATO forces in Turkey
- Spain now most expensive for TV football
- Spain public debt falls June - July
- Four Catalans drive 1,500 miles to support Scotland's "Yes"
- Spain mulls prosecution of ISIL fighters
- Study reveals Barcelona as Spain's most expensive city
- Spain Warns It Will Block Independence Vote in Catalonia
- Corvera Airport "will not cost Murcia a cent"
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Where to get Legal & Professional Advice in Spain
- The Police in Spain – Who they are and their Responsibilities