How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 30 September
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
La Caixa and Samsung launch TV banking app
Spain's CaixaBank SA (la Caixa) and Samsung have announced the launch of Spain’s first banking application for Smart TV.
The 'app' is available for all Samsung Smart TV compatible devices and allows la Caixa customers to view accounts using their remote control and will be compatible with Samsung televisions, Blu-ray players and Home Cinemas connected to the Internet, known as Smart TV devices.
La Caixa customers who are users of such devices will be able to access their accounts, check balances and view recent movements using their remote controls from their living rooms. The system operates with all the security guarantees of Línea Abierta.
The move sees la Caixa add a further operating channel to Línea Abierta, its online banking platform, which can currently be accessed via computers, mobile telephones and tablets.
The bank, chaired by Isidro Fainé and directed by Juan María Nin, was recently recognised as the world's most innovative bank at the Global Banking Innovation Awards, out of 200 banks from 40 countries.
la Caixa currently leads the Spanish mobile banking sector both in terms of individual customers and business users. With 2.2 million customers using mobile services, the bank's mobile applications have been downloaded more than 2 million times. "la Caixa" offers more than 50 applications, all freely available via its applications store, CaixaMóvil Store.
The bank is also is the leader in Spain's online banking market, with a market share of 30.2% according to the latest research from Nielsen, a consultancy company.
Latest News & Stories
- Catalonia suspends referendum campaign
- Fitch's praises Spain's Banks, forecasts property prices stabilize : Report
- Spain to Borrow EU242 Bln in 2015 as Debt Reaches 100% of GDP
- Carrefour Spain gives IVA discounts to young people
- Spain August retail sales rise 0.4% year on year
- Spain's Constitutional Court Declares Referendum "Illegal"
- Spain's Energy Providers Given Freedom to Impose Hikes
- 68% of British Expats Are Happier Abroad
- Taxes, fees: Spain's battle between utilities and solar
- Spain Forecasts GDP to Grow 2% in 2015
- How and where to complain about my Bank in Spain
- Opening a Bank Account in Spain
- Bank Charges in Spain