How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Tuesday 26 July 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
La Caixa and Samsung launch TV banking app
Spain's CaixaBank SA (la Caixa) and Samsung have announced the launch of Spain's first banking application for Smart TV.
The 'app' is available for all Samsung Smart TV compatible devices and allows la Caixa customers to view accounts using their remote control and will be compatible with Samsung televisions, Blu-ray players and Home Cinemas connected to the Internet, known as Smart TV devices.
La Caixa customers who are users of such devices will be able to access their accounts, check balances and view recent movements using their remote controls from their living rooms. The system operates with all the security guarantees of Línea Abierta.
The move sees la Caixa add a further operating channel to Línea Abierta, its online banking platform, which can currently be accessed via computers, mobile telephones and tablets.
The bank, chaired by Isidro Fainé and directed by Juan María Nin, was recently recognised as the world's most innovative bank at the Global Banking Innovation Awards, out of 200 banks from 40 countries.
la Caixa currently leads the Spanish mobile banking sector both in terms of individual customers and business users. With 2.2 million customers using mobile services, the bank's mobile applications have been downloaded more than 2 million times. "la Caixa" offers more than 50 applications, all freely available via its applications store, CaixaMóvil Store.
The bank is also is the leader in Spain's online banking market, with a market share of 30.2% according to the latest research from Nielsen, a consultancy company.
Latest News & Stories
- Tensions Heat Up Between NATO Allies as Spain and UK Spat Over Gibraltar
- Spain poised to grow 2.9 percent in 2016
- Vodafone Spain service revenues up for 1st time since 2008
- Manifesto calls on politicians to avoid third election
- Spain’s Audit Office says €300 million a year being paid to deceased pensioners
- New flights announced Birmingham - Spain
- Spain to Ask EU for Two Additional Years to Reduce Budget Deficit
- Spain demands explanation over British nuclear submarine collision off Gibraltar
- Spain’s King Felipe gives Rajoy 1 week to form government
- What does Brexit mean for Expats in/from the UK and the EU ?
- How and where to complain about my Bank in Spain
- Opening a Bank Account in Spain
- Bank Charges in Spain