How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 21 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
La Caixa and Samsung launch TV banking app
Spain's CaixaBank SA (la Caixa) and Samsung have announced the launch of Spain’s first banking application for Smart TV.
The 'app' is available for all Samsung Smart TV compatible devices and allows la Caixa customers to view accounts using their remote control and will be compatible with Samsung televisions, Blu-ray players and Home Cinemas connected to the Internet, known as Smart TV devices.
La Caixa customers who are users of such devices will be able to access their accounts, check balances and view recent movements using their remote controls from their living rooms. The system operates with all the security guarantees of Línea Abierta.
The move sees la Caixa add a further operating channel to Línea Abierta, its online banking platform, which can currently be accessed via computers, mobile telephones and tablets.
The bank, chaired by Isidro Fainé and directed by Juan María Nin, was recently recognised as the world's most innovative bank at the Global Banking Innovation Awards, out of 200 banks from 40 countries.
la Caixa currently leads the Spanish mobile banking sector both in terms of individual customers and business users. With 2.2 million customers using mobile services, the bank's mobile applications have been downloaded more than 2 million times. "la Caixa" offers more than 50 applications, all freely available via its applications store, CaixaMóvil Store.
The bank is also is the leader in Spain's online banking market, with a market share of 30.2% according to the latest research from Nielsen, a consultancy company.
Latest News & Stories
- 50% of Spain's workers earn under EU1,000 per month
- Spanish Attorney General Files Suit against Catalan President
- UK-Spain dispute over Gibraltar threatens European skies reform
- PM calls on opposition to “get serious” and detail plans for federal state
- Spain 2015 Michelin Restuarants Guide Released
- Gibraltar airs EU advice to Spain over border delays
- Spain finalizes direct flights with Azerbaijan for 2015
- Israel vexed at Spain’s move to recognise Palestinian state
- Orange reaches 2 million 4G customers in Spain
- Spain arrests Moroccan on terrorism charges
- How and where to complain about my Bank in Spain
- Opening a Bank Account in Spain
- Bank Charges in Spain