How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 20 January 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
FTSE set to open higher
The FTSE 100 is seen opening 6-9 points higher on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, as investors await third-quarter earnings from UK companies this week to provide further direction for equities, while weakness on Wall Street overnight is seen capping gains.
The blue chip index is seen opening up to 0.2 percent higher on Tuesday after closing almost 1 percent lower in the previous session after mining stocks succumbed to pressure from falling commodity prices as the U.S. dollar strengthened.
With the corporate earnings season already under way in the U.S., analysts expect investors to focus on upcoming third-quarter results from UK companies for fresh clues to the recovery in corporate health.
On the economic front, the CBI distributive trade report for October is due at 11 a.m., while U.S. economic data set for release on Tuesday include the August figures for the S&P/Case-Shiller index of house prices at 1p.m. and U.S. consumer confidence numbers for the same month at 2 p.m..
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish hotel boss warns sector is feeling first effects of Brexit
- Two weeks into 2017, Mediterranean migrant deaths rise on last year
- Spanish court jails 4 ex-bankers for misappropriation
- Brussels sees Spain's 2017 budget broadly in line with EU rules
- Government, opposition reach deal on “floor clause” refunds for mortgage holders
- EU tells Spain to brace for cuts due to likely 2017 deficit target miss
- A nominee emerges in battle to head Spain’s leaderless Socialists
- Murcia's San Javier Airport Passenger Numbers up 2.7%
- Spanish ambassador to UK resigns over 2003 military air crash
- Bodies of five migrants found off Spain's southern coast