How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- EUR weekly currency update - 23 January 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Corvera : A reminder of a few facts and figures
When the new airport at Corvera opens in late June / early July it will have cost the concession holder, Aeromur, 260 Million Euros.
Aeromur is 60% owned by Sacyr , with the remaining 40% being financed by CAM, Caja Murcia, INOCSA, Montisa, Grupo Fuertes y Cementos La Cruz who each take a 6.7% stake.
Projections are that the airport, which will be managed and operated by the Spanish Airports Authority - AENA - will accomodate 1.5 Million passengers per year via 15'000 domestic and international flights.
However, the new airport is situated just 100km from Alicante's El Altet airport and 185km from Almeria, which have both spent 670 Million Euros and 37 Million Euros respectively over the course of the last 2 years in improving their infrastructure to accomodate a higher number of passengers.
Even San Javier airport, located just 30km miles away, spent 67 Million Euros less than 1 year ago in building a new second runway. Even though Corvera airport is planned to open before the summer season, a precise date for the removal of civillian flights from San Javier has still not been given.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain kicks off AENA share sale
- Spain arrests suspected militant cell in north Africa
- Murcia's San Javier Airport "to close within 6 months of Corvera opening"
- New Survey: The Future Looks Bright for Expat Workers
- Spain to negotiate increase of U.S. troops at air base