How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Mr Grumpy v The Spanish Lifestyle
- Daily Brief - Friday 6 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Corvera : A reminder of a few facts and figures
When the new airport at Corvera opens in late June / early July it will have cost the concession holder, Aeromur, 260 Million Euros.
Aeromur is 60% owned by Sacyr , with the remaining 40% being financed by CAM, Caja Murcia, INOCSA, Montisa, Grupo Fuertes y Cementos La Cruz who each take a 6.7% stake.
Projections are that the airport, which will be managed and operated by the Spanish Airports Authority - AENA - will accomodate 1.5 Million passengers per year via 15'000 domestic and international flights.
However, the new airport is situated just 100km from Alicante's El Altet airport and 185km from Almeria, which have both spent 670 Million Euros and 37 Million Euros respectively over the course of the last 2 years in improving their infrastructure to accomodate a higher number of passengers.
Even San Javier airport, located just 30km miles away, spent 67 Million Euros less than 1 year ago in building a new second runway. Even though Corvera airport is planned to open before the summer season, a precise date for the removal of civillian flights from San Javier has still not been given.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's El Gordo Lottery Tax Breakdown
- 3 Earthquakes in Lorca, Murcia
- Spain Appoints Cybersecurity Council
- Sale of Spain's Ciudad Real Airport Underway
- Spain expects 10'000 Bankruptcies in 2013
- Contract awarded to complete works at Castellon Airport
- Major delays with UK-Spain flights this weekend
- UK Notes "Historic Parallel" Between Ceuta, Melilla and Gibraltar
- Paramount UK in line for Gov't windfall : A Lesson for Murcia ?
- Catalonia wants to cancel licenses for at-risk drivers