How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Government confirms Castellon airport too short
Yesterday the Central Government confirmed that the runway at Castellón airport needs to be extended in order to satisfy requirements of the Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). This will require further work, which will be left to Valencia Airport Concessions, the private company who commissioned the airport, to arrange.
The real question is who will actually end up paying for the required work, which has been placed at 80 Million Euros - Valencia Airport Concessions, Aerocas, or the Central Government (and therefore public money).
The runway requires modification in order to accommodate the larger aircraft being used by most major airlines in allowing them to land, turn around and taxi safely. A number of Engineers had previously argued that the dimensions of the existing runway were insufficient, which raised enough doubts to see the matter referred to the EASA.
A team of Engineers and Surveyors are expected to visit Castellon airport later this month to assess the full extent of the work required. Critics are sure to argue that will result in further delays before the airport can become fully operational.
Latest News & Stories
- New Socialist leader out to attract Spain’s angry voters
- Spain June retail sales rise 0.2 pct y/y - INE
- Spanish wind power plummets following subsidy cut
- Spanish Unions plan invasion of Gibraltar
- Spain to revise economic growth forecasts for 2014, 2015
- Orange Spain launches 4G home internet service
- Falling food prices in Spain hit Q2 sales at Dia
- Spain sees revenue from foreign tourism grow 7.8% 2014 to date
- Bankia's profit jumps as Spain's economy picks up, bad debts fall
- Gay community in Spain most affected by hate crime
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- Car Rental in Spain