How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 23 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Government confirms Castellon airport too short
Yesterday the Central Government confirmed that the runway at Castellón airport needs to be extended in order to satisfy requirements of the Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). This will require further work, which will be left to Valencia Airport Concessions, the private company who commissioned the airport, to arrange.
The real question is who will actually end up paying for the required work, which has been placed at 80 Million Euros - Valencia Airport Concessions, Aerocas, or the Central Government (and therefore public money).
The runway requires modification in order to accommodate the larger aircraft being used by most major airlines in allowing them to land, turn around and taxi safely. A number of Engineers had previously argued that the dimensions of the existing runway were insufficient, which raised enough doubts to see the matter referred to the EASA.
A team of Engineers and Surveyors are expected to visit Castellon airport later this month to assess the full extent of the work required. Critics are sure to argue that will result in further delays before the airport can become fully operational.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain state adviser backs Catalonia referendum block
- Spain's Abertis to list telecoms business
- Spain September retail sales up 1.1% year on year
- Three-Quarters of Spain's fighter jets unable to fly
- 'Thieving, Cheating Gypsies' v Royal Spanish Academy
- Venezuela recalls ambassador to Spain
- Volotea Airlines plans to establish 5 bases in Spain by 2016
- Spain says no going back on AENA IPO
- UN warns Spain on legality of spot deportation of illegal immigrants
- Rajoy : "Sorry for Corruption"
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- Car Rental in Spain