How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 6 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Crime Pays (In Spain at least)
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Government confirms Castellon airport too short
Yesterday the Central Government confirmed that the runway at Castellón airport needs to be extended in order to satisfy requirements of the Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). This will require further work, which will be left to Valencia Airport Concessions, the private company who commissioned the airport, to arrange.
The real question is who will actually end up paying for the required work, which has been placed at 80 Million Euros - Valencia Airport Concessions, Aerocas, or the Central Government (and therefore public money).
The runway requires modification in order to accommodate the larger aircraft being used by most major airlines in allowing them to land, turn around and taxi safely. A number of Engineers had previously argued that the dimensions of the existing runway were insufficient, which raised enough doubts to see the matter referred to the EASA.
A team of Engineers and Surveyors are expected to visit Castellon airport later this month to assess the full extent of the work required. Critics are sure to argue that will result in further delays before the airport can become fully operational.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain ‘will take 20 years to recover from crisis’
- Emergency Landing at Madrid-Barajas
- A quarter of expats not being offered moving allowance
- Spain to Privatise Rail Services From Early 2014
- Spain's industrial output falls in Oct after brief Sept rise
- Questions asked in UK Parliament over Spain's Gibraltar Hypocrisy
- Moody's revises Spain's outlook to stable
- Idea of an independent Catalonia gets a NATO no-go
- Expats fear being priced out of British housing market
- Family problems blamed for unsuccessful relocations
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- Car Rental in Spain