How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Friday 29 May 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
AENA to remodel new terminal at El Altet
AENA is in the final stages of plans to move employees from the temporary offices at the side of the now abandoned terminal near the control tower at El Altet airport, to facilities in the new terminal building, open since April 2011.
The new terminal building was completed at a cost of 700 Million euros and at almost 350'000 m2 can process 20 Million passengers per year - double the amount of traffic seen in 2011.
The Technical and Administrative services offices will now be relocated to the new terminal building, however, the move has prompted criticism from the CCOO union representatives at the airport, who have demanded that an independant block of offices should be contructed.
The CCOO delegate at the airport, Jose Luis Valdes, called for the now unused old terminal building to be adapted and remodelled into offices for use by AIr Traffic Control, Administration, Maintenance and Facilities and Meteorology, however this was found not to be cost effective.
Valdes criticised the proposal to modify offices at the new terminal, which is expected to cost 3 Million Euros, as a waste of money, when the facilities already exist.
Latest News & Stories
- Basque Nationals Only Party in Spain Growing in Support
- Ryanair change of strategy sees profits bounce back in 2014
- Rato accused of giving children €2.5m to avoid bond
- Spain 3rd most popular destination for expat Brits
- Spanish air traffic controllers call four partial strikes
- Spain revises percentage of population at risk of poverty to 29%
- Spain overturns Andalusian anti-eviction law
- Amazon starts paying Spanish corporate tax on retail sales
- EU Nationals resident in UK denied referendum vote
- Vodafone Spain to increase fibre optic speed to 300 Mbps