How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 26 November 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
AENA to remodel new terminal at El Altet
AENA is in the final stages of plans to move employees from the temporary offices at the side of the now abandoned terminal near the control tower at El Altet airport, to facilities in the new terminal building, open since April 2011.
The new terminal building was completed at a cost of 700 Million euros and at almost 350'000 m2 can process 20 Million passengers per year - double the amount of traffic seen in 2011.
The Technical and Administrative services offices will now be relocated to the new terminal building, however, the move has prompted criticism from the CCOO union representatives at the airport, who have demanded that an independant block of offices should be contructed.
The CCOO delegate at the airport, Jose Luis Valdes, called for the now unused old terminal building to be adapted and remodelled into offices for use by AIr Traffic Control, Administration, Maintenance and Facilities and Meteorology, however this was found not to be cost effective.
Valdes criticised the proposal to modify offices at the new terminal, which is expected to cost 3 Million Euros, as a waste of money, when the facilities already exist.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish region bans use of smartphones in schools
- Spain hands EU21 Mln aid to gaming industry
- Spain's health minister resigns
- 70% of UK Expats in Spain 'Lifers'
- Spain's public deficit to September falls from year-ago period
- Spain economic expansion to stretch into Q4 - Bank of Spain
- What owners of a Spanish vehicle 7-10 years old need to know...
- Satellites to launch from Spain's Castellon Airport
- Spanish Police bust people-trafficking gang
- Catalonia announces new ‘independence plan’