How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Monday 27 March 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
El Hierro Earthquake Update : 17th February
Scientists from the National Geological Institute (IGN) who have been observing seismic activity on the Island of El Hierro as part of the earthquake swarm, which began on the 17th of July last year, have recorded a total of 23 earthquakes over the course of the last 7 days - which is shoing a trend of an increasing number of activities since the number of earthquakes appeared to fall considerablly before the Christmas period.
As in previous weeks and months, the majority of the activity took place in the area between Frontera and Pinar toward the North-West of the Island, with magnitudes ranging between 1.6 to 2.3, and at depths ranging from between 6 to 17kms, however the majority of the activities were at much shallower depths than seem over previous weeks - many of themaround 9 - 10kms. Two of these activities measured II on the MMS scale.A further 2 activities were recorded in the Atlantic between the Island of Tenerife and La Palma, measuring 1.9 and 2.1 on the richter scale.
This Youtube clip should remind observers why seismic activity in and around the Canary Islands attracts so much interest >>>
Meanwhile, on the opposite side of the Island in the bay of las Calmas, off the coast of las Restinga, the jacuzzi caused by the underwater volcanic eruption continues to bring smouldering 'pyroclastic' lava rocks to the surface. The Oceanographic research vessel, Atlantic Explorer, is currently in the area collecting various samples, where scientists have noted a distinct smell of sufur in the air.
Read previous news stories about the El Hierro Volcano by clicking the link HERE .
Latest News & Stories
- 2.5 Million Passengers per year to arrive at Murcia's Corvera Airport
- Spain PM pledges EU 4.2 Bln investment in Catalonia
- Spain's growth may top 2.5 percent for next two to four years - minister
- Spain’s Social Security shortfall rises to €18.6 billion in 2016
- Ryanair announce new flights to Spain from Newcastle
- Spain's Jazztel to increase fibre speed to 300Mbps
- Spanish government will have enough support to pass budget - minister
- Spanish PM: “I will repeat it ad nauseam, I will not call early elections”
- Spain Insists U.K. Agree Brexit Bill Before Starting Trade Talks
- Spain's 2016 deficit expected to be below 4.6 pct target