How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 23 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Central Govt may pay off Ayuntamiento debts
Earlier today the Deputy Prime Minister, Soraya Saenz de Santa Maria, announced the Government's proposal to pay the outstanding debts owed by the majority of Ayuntamientos across Spain.
The majority of Ayuntamientos - especially the smaller or medium sized ones in areas of little industry or tourism - are struggling to pay their debts to employees or suppliers and the regional governments are being increasingly forced to extend levels of debt to them, which only exposes the regions to further levels of debt.
Saenz de Santa Maria, who is also the Spokesperson for the Government and the Minister for the Presidency, went on to say how the first step is an order for all Ayuntamientos to report the full extent of their debts by March 15th.
The Deputy PM did not eleborate on the details of how the debts would then be resolved, but speculation is that the Central Government will either arrange for full payment of all outstanding bills, or act as a guarantor for their payment, thereby stimulating growth of the economy.
Latest News & Stories
- Paramount Exec maintains support for Murcia theme park
- Spain's average Electric bill up 19% since January
- Earthquake off Canary Islands Measuring 4.4
- Madrid considers appealing Catalan referendum bid
- Spain defends Canary Island oil proposal
- Fitch Affirms Spain at 'BBB+' Outlook Stable
- Spain's Bankia 9 month forecast up 93%
- Why Spain's Poor Fear Goldman Sachs : Report
- How Spain's Social Housing Imploded
- Spain's AENA prospectus filing postponed