How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 23 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Carrefour targets 3,000 new jobs in Spain
Carrefour, Europe's biggest retailer, plans to take on 3,000 new employees in Spain in 2012 with the opening of new shops, Cinco Dias said on Friday, citing the head of the company's Spanish activities, Rafael Arias-Salgado.
The newspaper reported how the group planned to add 70 to 75 supermarkets to its 180 Carrefour Market and Carrefour Express shops and to open about 100 new travel agencies on top of the 400 it already has, adding 3,000 jobs overall.
A Carrefour spokeswoman confirmed the jobs target but not the number of planned store openings.
Carrefour employs about 40,000 people in Spain, its third-largest market after France and Brazil.
On Thursday it reported weak first-quarter sales, with a plunge in demand for discretionary purchases like clothing and electricals and a deteriorating performance at its core French hypermarkets.
The world's second-biggest retailer behind U.S. giant Wal-Mart has been especially exposed to some of the countries hit worst by the euro zone debt crisis like Spain, Italy and Greece.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's average Electric bill up 19% since January
- Earthquake off Canary Islands Measuring 4.4
- Madrid considers appealing Catalan referendum bid
- Spain defends Canary Island oil proposal
- Fitch Affirms Spain at 'BBB+' Outlook Stable
- Spain's Bankia 9 month forecast up 93%
- Why Spain's Poor Fear Goldman Sachs : Report
- How Spain's Social Housing Imploded
- Spain's AENA prospectus filing postponed
- Spain Sees Cost of Petrol and Diesel Fall