How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 30 January 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Carrefour targets 3,000 new jobs in Spain
Carrefour, Europe's biggest retailer, plans to take on 3,000 new employees in Spain in 2012 with the opening of new shops, Cinco Dias said on Friday, citing the head of the company's Spanish activities, Rafael Arias-Salgado.
The newspaper reported how the group planned to add 70 to 75 supermarkets to its 180 Carrefour Market and Carrefour Express shops and to open about 100 new travel agencies on top of the 400 it already has, adding 3,000 jobs overall.
A Carrefour spokeswoman confirmed the jobs target but not the number of planned store openings.
Carrefour employs about 40,000 people in Spain, its third-largest market after France and Brazil.
On Thursday it reported weak first-quarter sales, with a plunge in demand for discretionary purchases like clothing and electricals and a deteriorating performance at its core French hypermarkets.
The world's second-biggest retailer behind U.S. giant Wal-Mart has been especially exposed to some of the countries hit worst by the euro zone debt crisis like Spain, Italy and Greece.
Latest News & Stories
- Air Europa "Interested in Flying to Castellon Airport"
- Spain considers forcing trucks onto toll roads
- Rajoy : "Spain is the Sick Man of Europe"
- Podemos to March through Madrid Saturday
- Spanish growth accelerates
- Rajoy seeks to finalize anti-terrorist agreement with PSOE
- Spanish Airports to see 25 days of strike action
- Islamisation "Stronger in Spain than Germany"
- Spanish court charges 10 priests with child sexual abuse
- Albanian named in helicopter crash in Spain suspected of smuggling drugs