How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 10 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Carrefour targets 3,000 new jobs in Spain
Carrefour, Europe's biggest retailer, plans to take on 3,000 new employees in Spain in 2012 with the opening of new shops, Cinco Dias said on Friday, citing the head of the company's Spanish activities, Rafael Arias-Salgado.
The newspaper reported how the group planned to add 70 to 75 supermarkets to its 180 Carrefour Market and Carrefour Express shops and to open about 100 new travel agencies on top of the 400 it already has, adding 3,000 jobs overall.
A Carrefour spokeswoman confirmed the jobs target but not the number of planned store openings.
Carrefour employs about 40,000 people in Spain, its third-largest market after France and Brazil.
On Thursday it reported weak first-quarter sales, with a plunge in demand for discretionary purchases like clothing and electricals and a deteriorating performance at its core French hypermarkets.
The world's second-biggest retailer behind U.S. giant Wal-Mart has been especially exposed to some of the countries hit worst by the euro zone debt crisis like Spain, Italy and Greece.
Latest News & Stories
- Europe's regional airports struggle as traffic shifts to hubs
- Amazon opens 1,200 collection points across Spain
- Spain industrial output grows for 3rd straight month in January
- Spain warns of high risk of new Islamist attacks
- Financial Impact of Corvera Airport on Murcia Questioned
- 1 in 4 Spanish women have experienced abuse : EU survey
- Premursa Previous With Paramount Recruitment ?
- Property prices fall 37% since 2007 highs
- Interior Ministry to install “anti-climb mesh” on Ceuta and Melilla borders
- Rajoy offers last-minute support for Merkel’s choice in EU vote