How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 24 April 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
'Missing deficit target would hurt EU' : Montoro
Spain's Minister for the Economy, Cristobal Montoro, has commented how European and global growth would be damaged if the country was to miss it's budget-deficit targets.
As a preventative measure he threatened to assume control of the accounts of regions that are unable to control their own deficit.
The Minister assured lawmakers that achieving these targets was of paramount importance.
Yesterday it was revealled how the budget deficit had shrunk from 0.93% of GDP to 0.83% from the previous year.
Spain’s cost of borrowing have also increased by around 1% since the end of February, approaching the 7% mark where Greece, Ireland and Portugal were forced into accepting bailouts.
Montoro said he will be “inflexible in asking each region and each municipality to correct its public finances and meet its deficit target,” and that the government’s efforts to reduce the budget gap are intended to improve citizens’ well-being. He also said that there is no European law in place being imposed by the EU's strongest states on the weakest.
The central government budget gap was 1.85% during Q1 compared to 1.06% a year earlier.
Latest News & Stories
- Corvera's SACYR to raise €416 mln in shares
- Argentina OKs settlement with Spain's Repsol over YPF
- Spain: Protests and the suffocating embrace of the law
- Spain's Caixa, Sabadell signal turnaround with bad debt falls
- Spanish yields hit new lows as economy accelerates
- Bankinter profit rise sets positive tone for Spain's banks
- Catalan leader to call independence vote despite Madrid resistance
- Spain "Violated Human Rights of Illegal Immigrants" : ECHR
- Spain to cut 2014 net debt issuance on higher tax revenue
- A fifth of British expats in Spain left last year
- Dacion en Pago : Handing Your Property Back to the Bank
- What is the Euribor ?
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage