How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 23 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
'Missing deficit target would hurt EU' : Montoro
Spain's Minister for the Economy, Cristobal Montoro, has commented how European and global growth would be damaged if the country was to miss it's budget-deficit targets.
As a preventative measure he threatened to assume control of the accounts of regions that are unable to control their own deficit.
The Minister assured lawmakers that achieving these targets was of paramount importance.
Yesterday it was revealled how the budget deficit had shrunk from 0.93% of GDP to 0.83% from the previous year.
Spain's cost of borrowing have also increased by around 1% since the end of February, approaching the 7% mark where Greece, Ireland and Portugal were forced into accepting bailouts.
Montoro said he will be "inflexible in asking each region and each municipality to correct its public finances and meet its deficit target," and that the government's efforts to reduce the budget gap are intended to improve citizens' well-being. He also said that there is no European law in place being imposed by the EU's strongest states on the weakest.
The central government budget gap was 1.85% during Q1 compared to 1.06% a year earlier.
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces €30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the world’s 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now
- Dacion en Pago : Handing Your Property Back to the Bank
- What is the Euribor ?
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage