How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 10 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
'Missing deficit target would hurt EU' : Montoro
Spain's Minister for the Economy, Cristobal Montoro, has commented how European and global growth would be damaged if the country was to miss it's budget-deficit targets.
As a preventative measure he threatened to assume control of the accounts of regions that are unable to control their own deficit.
The Minister assured lawmakers that achieving these targets was of paramount importance.
Yesterday it was revealled how the budget deficit had shrunk from 0.93% of GDP to 0.83% from the previous year.
Spain’s cost of borrowing have also increased by around 1% since the end of February, approaching the 7% mark where Greece, Ireland and Portugal were forced into accepting bailouts.
Montoro said he will be “inflexible in asking each region and each municipality to correct its public finances and meet its deficit target,” and that the government’s efforts to reduce the budget gap are intended to improve citizens’ well-being. He also said that there is no European law in place being imposed by the EU's strongest states on the weakest.
The central government budget gap was 1.85% during Q1 compared to 1.06% a year earlier.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish Court Kicks Out Ryanair Unfair dismissal Claim
- Two bank executives win court battle over compensation
- Change in prenup laws could benefit expats
- Europe's regional airports struggle as traffic shifts to hubs
- Amazon opens 1,200 collection points across Spain
- Spain industrial output grows for 3rd straight month in January
- Spain warns of high risk of new Islamist attacks
- Financial Impact of Corvera Airport on Murcia Questioned
- 1 in 4 Spanish women have experienced abuse : EU survey
- Premursa Previous With Paramount Recruitment ?
- Dacion en Pago : Handing Your Property Back to the Bank
- What is the Euribor ?
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage