How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update-28 April 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Toyota working with Spain's Gamesa to develop electric vehicles
Toyota is currently working in conjunction with Spanish Electricity producer, Gamesa, to test and promote the Toyota Prius hybrid car.
The project will specifically focus on analyzing the cars performance and battery charging requirements.
Jacques Pieraerts, President of Toyota Motor Corporation in Spain commened : "The technology of plug-in electric hybrid vehicle improves consumption efficiency and reduces harmful emissions, both CO2, such as those affecting air quality in our cities. The new Prius Plug-in Hybrid Electric offers the advantages of an electric vehicle for short trips with zero emissions and zero fuel consumption and extensive autonomy without limits of a hybrid vehicle with gasoline engine."
Following the announcement shares in Toyaota were trading at 80.73 at the end of thethe day, resulting in an 11.6% increase in performance over that last 3 months.
Earlier this year Toyota also announced their partnership with the Basque Ministry for Industry, Innovation, Trade and Tourism to open a Control Centre for IBIL, the electric vehicle charge point manager , created by the Basque Government in a joint initative with the Basque Energy Entity (EVE) and Repsol.
Latest News & Stories
- Five Spanish regions among EU’s top 10 unemployment black spots
- Pensioners miss flight to Spain after being abandoned in Airport
- Britons buy fewer houses in Spain after Brexit vote
- Almost 28% of Spanish population at risk of poverty or social exclusion
- Bank of Spain says structural reforms needed to further reduce deficit
- Brexit takes its toll on Spanish property market
- Spain’s “golden visa” scheme brings in €2.16 billion in first three years
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- How to Import or Re-register a UK Car In Spain
- Buying a Car in Spain
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain