How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 12 February 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Europe considers EU bailout aid for banks
The European Central Bank and a group of euro zone countries are working on a possible initiative to enable crisis-stricken banks to have direct access to Europe's permanent bailout fund, German daily Sueddeutsche Zeitung wrote on Thursday, without citing sources.
"According to the Sueddeutsche Zeitung's information, a group of euro zone countries will check in the next two weeks how credit could be directly transferred to banks that are strapped for cash but able to survive," the paper said, noting, however, that Germany strongly opposed this.
"The reason for the haste is the crisis in Spain and the worry that this could spread to further euro countries."
According to the existing agreements, countries rather than banks can tap the European Stability Mechanism.
The Sueddeutsche Zeitung reported earlier this month that there was a dispute over the allocation of funds in the common currency bloc and that some officials of the ECB and a number of euro zone countries were pressing for a relaxation of the terms under which Europe's bailout mechanism can dispense aid.
Latest News & Stories
- Cinema roof collapse in Spain injures six people
- Top PP official resigns in Spain after corruption investigation
- Majority of Spaniards see new elections as inevitable - poll
- Benidorm TV series appeal for Extras
- Corvera Airport Passenger Forecast Revised
- Andalusia property owners must register under new rules
- Spain likely missed deficit goal in 2015: economy minister
- The 6 Year Sickie
- Spanish government using courts to avoid freedom of information requests
- Rajoy refuses PSOE leader handshake
- Applying for a Business Loan
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business
- When you canít pay the Mortgage