How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 26 November 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Iberia, BA and Lufthansa impose credit card booking fee
Europa press have reported how sources close to Iberia Airlines have spoken out about the ticket surcharges, charged to passengers.
Iberia Airlines, British Airways (BA) and Lufthansa began to apply an additional cost of €4.5 on domestic flights and €7.5 on international flights for each ticket when paid by credit card, on the 16th of April.
Given that BA also operate routes to, from and within Spain they have applied the same charges as Iberia.
Meanwhile, Lufthansa have applied the charge when flying between Spain and Germany; Switzerland; Austria; Belgium and the UK.
Lufthansa sources said how the surcharge will affect just around 1% of all flights and that it will only affect ticket price from any of these five countries to Spain when paid for by credit card.
The association of corporate travel agents, GEBTA, has criticised the measure - particularly because the three airline represent a high percentage of all flights being taken to, from and within Spain.
GEBTA also criticised the surcharge for being imposed without negotiation or notification, and that the IAG group had hoped that it would pass by unnoticed.
The association warned that this surcharge, together with the additional airport taxes applied earlier this month by AENA, could result in passengers seeing a 10% increase in the price of their airline tickets.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish region bans use of smartphones in schools
- Spain hands EU21 Mln aid to gaming industry
- Spain's health minister resigns
- 70% of UK Expats in Spain 'Lifers'
- Spain's public deficit to September falls from year-ago period
- Spain economic expansion to stretch into Q4 - Bank of Spain
- What owners of a Spanish vehicle 7-10 years old need to know...
- Satellites to launch from Spain's Castellon Airport
- Spanish Police bust people-trafficking gang
- Catalonia announces new ‘independence plan’
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained