How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Castellon Airport 'has no interested buyer'
The Vice President for the region of Valencia, José Císcar, has told the press how there is no current price on the head of Castellón Airport, because they have received no serious bids, commented that they would value the facility once they had been able to attract some outside interest.
He confirmed that the regional government did wish to sell to airport, but that "there is no firm offer of purchase and, therefore at the moment we are not selling."
Despite there being no income from the airport, Ciscar maintained that it still held a value to the region as it would benefit tourism, businesses and the wider local economy once it became operational. In this respect it was important to ensure that the aiport was opened as soon as possible.
Meanwhile, the spokesman for the PSPV opposition , Antonio Torres, spoke of the waste of money involved in building an airport at the personal whim of the former President of the Province of Castellon, and President of Aerocas, Carlos Fabra.
For his part the spokesman for the Compromis, Josep Maria Pañella, has called upon the PP for clarification on the future of the airport, noting that "Every this costs the region more and more".
Similarly, the deputy of EUPV, Marina Albiol, criticized the proposal to sell the airport as "absurd" that "after having spent over 155 million euros, they now want to give it away or sell at a bargain price to a private company."
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers
- Spain unemployment falls to lowest in 2 years
- Repsol to start searching for oil off Canary Islands coast by end of year
- eBay's StubHub sting ringleader detained in Spain
- More than 1,000 would-be migrants attempt Melilla fence jump
- Vodafone, Orange update FTTH agreement following Ono deal
- Iberdrola Profit Drops as Spain Renewable Subsidy Cuts Hit
- Bank of Spain Says Growth Accelerated in Q2
- Spain's Prado loses 885 peices of art
- BBVA expects profit boost from Catalunya Banc purchase
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Car Rental in Spain