How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Castellon Airport 'has no interested buyer'
The Vice President for the region of Valencia, José Císcar, has told the press how there is no current price on the head of Castellón Airport, because they have received no serious bids, commented that they would value the facility once they had been able to attract some outside interest.
He confirmed that the regional government did wish to sell to airport, but that "there is no firm offer of purchase and, therefore at the moment we are not selling."
Despite there being no income from the airport, Ciscar maintained that it still held a value to the region as it would benefit tourism, businesses and the wider local economy once it became operational. In this respect it was important to ensure that the aiport was opened as soon as possible.
Meanwhile, the spokesman for the PSPV opposition , Antonio Torres, spoke of the waste of money involved in building an airport at the personal whim of the former President of the Province of Castellon, and President of Aerocas, Carlos Fabra.
For his part the spokesman for the Compromis, Josep Maria Pañella, has called upon the PP for clarification on the future of the airport, noting that "Every this costs the region more and more".
Similarly, the deputy of EUPV, Marina Albiol, criticized the proposal to sell the airport as "absurd" that "after having spent over 155 million euros, they now want to give it away or sell at a bargain price to a private company."
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Corvera Airport has "other parties interested"
- Spanish Court Convicts 22 Riot Police Officers
- Rajoy Pledges to Cut Taxes by 2015
- Second offer to buy Castellon Airport "Not Economically Viable"
- Spain to close 48 railway routes
- Regional debt falls in Q1
- Changes to Spain's Education System Approved
- Expats targeted by money launderers
- Night in the Cells for Spanish Banker
- IMF Inspectors to visit Spain next week
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Car Rental in Spain