How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 20 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Castellon Airport 'has no interested buyer'
The Vice President for the region of Valencia, José Císcar, has told the press how there is no current price on the head of Castellón Airport, because they have received no serious bids, commented that they would value the facility once they had been able to attract some outside interest.
He confirmed that the regional government did wish to sell to airport, but that "there is no firm offer of purchase and, therefore at the moment we are not selling."
Despite there being no income from the airport, Ciscar maintained that it still held a value to the region as it would benefit tourism, businesses and the wider local economy once it became operational. In this respect it was important to ensure that the aiport was opened as soon as possible.
Meanwhile, the spokesman for the PSPV opposition , Antonio Torres, spoke of the waste of money involved in building an airport at the personal whim of the former President of the Province of Castellon, and President of Aerocas, Carlos Fabra.
For his part the spokesman for the Compromis, Josep Maria Pañella, has called upon the PP for clarification on the future of the airport, noting that "Every this costs the region more and more".
Similarly, the deputy of EUPV, Marina Albiol, criticized the proposal to sell the airport as "absurd" that "after having spent over 155 million euros, they now want to give it away or sell at a bargain price to a private company."
Latest News & Stories
- Easyjet Flight to Malaga "too heavy to fly"
- 12.3% of Working Spaniards "Under Poverty Line"
- "Only Catalan premier can call early elections"
- 50 immigrants breach Spain's African frontier
- Thousands of Catalans crowd Barcelona to call for early elections
- Jet2 linked to Castellon Airport
- Lidl Spain Defends Underpricing WIne
- Seville school faces trial for refusing of gay couple’s child
- Spain bad loans ratio rises to 13.2% in August
- Spanish court orders ex-bankers to deposit millions of euros
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Car Rental in Spain