How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Germany rejects bailout of Spanish Banks
Standard & Poor's downgrade of Spain does not change Germany's position on allowing Banks to have access to Europe's financial backstops.
Micheal Meister, a senior lawmaker from Chancellor Angela Merkel’s party commented “The German position is absolutely strict, and since such aid programs require unanimity, there’s not going to be any change. All sorts of people can try to set things in motion, but Germany won’t vote for it.”
Meister continued to say how it was “obvious” that there can’t be unconditional help from the European Stability Mechanism (ESM) for Spanish banks, and that the responsibility and liability should lie with its members, which are nation states, not banks.
The Deputy Chairman of the Christian Democrat party also said how “Spain doesn’t only have a problem with its banks. Spain has a problem with its banks, it has a problem with its budget and it has a problem with its economic situation, with its competitiveness too."
However, he confirmed that he was confident that Spain “can get by without external help, despite the rating agencies", but that he expected to see further European downgrades in the coming months.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain airport operator AENA eyes IPO this year
- Spanish Transport Federation Denounces British Transport Tax
- Spain marks 10th anniversary of Madrid bombings
- Spain sees closure of 27 bars per day during crisis
- Spain revamps debt rules to help struggling companies
- Vodafone reaches preliminary deal to buy Spain's Ono
- Aerocas approve award of contract for Castellon Airport
- Education reform protects Spanish more than other official languages
- Spain "should impose fiscal devaluation to restore competitiveness" : Montoro
- Orange Spain revenues down 1.9% in Q4 to €992 Mln
- How and where to complain about my Bank in Spain
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Bank Charges in Spain