How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations in the UK aswell as on residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Cactus Language has a program to suit your needs!
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Germany rejects bailout of Spanish Banks
Standard & Poor's downgrade of Spain does not change Germany's position on allowing Banks to have access to Europe's financial backstops.
Micheal Meister, a senior lawmaker from Chancellor Angela Merkel’s party commented “The German position is absolutely strict, and since such aid programs require unanimity, there’s not going to be any change. All sorts of people can try to set things in motion, but Germany won’t vote for it.”
Meister continued to say how it was “obvious” that there can’t be unconditional help from the European Stability Mechanism (ESM) for Spanish banks, and that the responsibility and liability should lie with its members, which are nation states, not banks.
The Deputy Chairman of the Christian Democrat party also said how “Spain doesn’t only have a problem with its banks. Spain has a problem with its banks, it has a problem with its budget and it has a problem with its economic situation, with its competitiveness too."
However, he confirmed that he was confident that Spain “can get by without external help, despite the rating agencies", but that he expected to see further European downgrades in the coming months.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Corvera Airport has "other parties interested"
- Spanish Court Convicts 22 Riot Police Officers
- Rajoy Pledges to Cut Taxes by 2015
- Second offer to buy Castellon Airport "Not Economically Viable"
- Spain to close 48 railway routes
- Regional debt falls in Q1
- Changes to Spain's Education System Approved
- Expats targeted by money launderers
- Night in the Cells for Spanish Banker
- IMF Inspectors to visit Spain next week
- How and where to complain about my Bank in Spain
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Bank Charges in Spain