How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Gov't likely to increase IVA 2013
Yesterday afternoon the Government announced their intention to introduce tax increases throughout the course of 2013, expected to raise around €8 billion in revenues.
Luis de Guindos, Minister for the Economy, would not confirm if or how current rates of IVA would be affected, yet analysts argue that such a hike would be the only way that such revenues could be generated.
When the previous PSOE administration increased the upper level of IVA from 16 to 18% it generated €6.5bn for the treasury.
However, the government is keen to focus on taxing spend on consumption and not on costs of labour, as such social security contributions are likely to be reduced.
Taxes on beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages are likely to increase, along with the tax on tobacco products and "special taxes" on certain modes of transport.
De Guindos predicts that the public administration will reach a budgetary balance in 2016, after reducing public debt to 2.2% of GDP in 2014 and to 1.1% in 2015, in line with the targets set by the EU.
Latest News & Stories
- Aerocas approve award of contract for Castellon Airport
- Education reform protects Spanish more than other official languages
- Spain "should impose fiscal devaluation to restore competitiveness" : Montoro
- Orange Spain revenues down 1.9% in Q4 to €992 Mln
- Lidl to invest further €180 Mln in Spain
- Spain to ease corporate debt refinancing rules
- Catalonia to tax banks for keeping properties empty
- Drinking among Spanish youngsters on the rise
- Interior Minister to visit Ceuta and Melilla over “emergency” border situation
- Spain services sector grows for 4th straight month in Feb - PMI