How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Tuesday 24 January 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Gov't likely to increase IVA 2013
Yesterday afternoon the Government announced their intention to introduce tax increases throughout the course of 2013, expected to raise around €8 billion in revenues.
Luis de Guindos, Minister for the Economy, would not confirm if or how current rates of IVA would be affected, yet analysts argue that such a hike would be the only way that such revenues could be generated.
When the previous PSOE administration increased the upper level of IVA from 16 to 18% it generated €6.5bn for the treasury.
However, the government is keen to focus on taxing spend on consumption and not on costs of labour, as such social security contributions are likely to be reduced.
Taxes on beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages are likely to increase, along with the tax on tobacco products and "special taxes" on certain modes of transport.
De Guindos predicts that the public administration will reach a budgetary balance in 2016, after reducing public debt to 2.2% of GDP in 2014 and to 1.1% in 2015, in line with the targets set by the EU.
Latest News & Stories
- Rising oil prices threaten Spain’s economic growth model
- Spanish bank count 3 billion euro cost of mortgage refunds
- Almost 500 people arrested in Spain for animal abuse in 2016: new report
- Spain's Sabadell sees up to 490-mln-euro hit from mortgage floor contacts
- Spanish hotel boss warns sector is feeling first effects of Brexit
- Two weeks into 2017, Mediterranean migrant deaths rise on last year
- Spanish court jails 4 ex-bankers for misappropriation
- Brussels sees Spain's 2017 budget broadly in line with EU rules
- Government, opposition reach deal on “floor clause” refunds for mortgage holders
- EU tells Spain to brace for cuts due to likely 2017 deficit target miss