How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 19 December 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Gov't likely to increase IVA 2013
Yesterday afternoon the Government announced their intention to introduce tax increases throughout the course of 2013, expected to raise around €8 billion in revenues.
Luis de Guindos, Minister for the Economy, would not confirm if or how current rates of IVA would be affected, yet analysts argue that such a hike would be the only way that such revenues could be generated.
When the previous PSOE administration increased the upper level of IVA from 16 to 18% it generated €6.5bn for the treasury.
However, the government is keen to focus on taxing spend on consumption and not on costs of labour, as such social security contributions are likely to be reduced.
Taxes on beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages are likely to increase, along with the tax on tobacco products and "special taxes" on certain modes of transport.
De Guindos predicts that the public administration will reach a budgetary balance in 2016, after reducing public debt to 2.2% of GDP in 2014 and to 1.1% in 2015, in line with the targets set by the EU.
Latest News & Stories
- Netflix silent on reported Spain launch
- Lidl celebrates 20 years in spain with new store
- Airline declares 'No interest in flying to Castellon Airport'
- Most Catalans would vote to stay in Spain: poll
- Losses at Spain's 'bad bank' raise prospect of slow turnaround
- Paramount Murcia boss denies importance of Corvera Airport
- 10 Spanish Banks Reported for Illegal Fees
- Spain citizenship offer is 'empty gesture'
- Man drives car into PP HQ
- EC Slams 'Wasteful Spending' at Spanish Airport