How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 23 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
INE confirm Spain back in recession
Spain's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) slipped by 0.3% during Q1 of 2012, continuing with the downward trend of the previous quarter, which also saw a 0.3% fall.
Figures released earlier today in a preliminary report by the National Statistics Institute (INE) confirmed that the Spanish economy is in recession, following two consecutive quarters with negative rates of GDP - the second time in which the economy has officially been in recssion in 3 years.
The official INE data confirmed the government's predictions, but were slightly better than last week's forecast by the Bank of Spain. The central bank expected to see a contraction of the economy of 0.4% and an annual contraction of 0.5%, with a 4.0% increase in unemployment.
The INE explained that the Q1 contraction as being the result of "a more negative contribution of domestic demand, partially offset by a positive contribution of external demand."
The final report giving official data for Q1 of 2012 will be published on May 17th.
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces €30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the world’s 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now
- Dacion en Pago : Handing Your Property Back to the Bank
- Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Spain
- What is the Euribor ?
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage