How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
INE confirm Spain back in recession
Spain's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) slipped by 0.3% during Q1 of 2012, continuing with the downward trend of the previous quarter, which also saw a 0.3% fall.
Figures released earlier today in a preliminary report by the National Statistics Institute (INE) confirmed that the Spanish economy is in recession, following two consecutive quarters with negative rates of GDP - the second time in which the economy has officially been in recssion in 3 years.
The official INE data confirmed the government's predictions, but were slightly better than last week's forecast by the Bank of Spain. The central bank expected to see a contraction of the economy of 0.4% and an annual contraction of 0.5%, with a 4.0% increase in unemployment.
The INE explained that the Q1 contraction as being the result of "a more negative contribution of domestic demand, partially offset by a positive contribution of external demand."
The final report giving official data for Q1 of 2012 will be published on May 17th.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Consumer Association Slams Internet Providers
- Spain to continually monitor convicted abusers
- Vodafone lead race to launch 4G in Spain
- Spain's PP local election landslide : 2 years on
- AENA report on Corvera Airport viability slammed
- Alhama de Murcia invites Paramount appeals
- Castellon Airport Director Sacked
- New Arrival at San Javier - But what about Corvera ?
- Spanish Residents declare overseas assets equaivalent of 9% of GDP
- Zapatero : "The best Ex-Prime Minister"
- Dacion en Pago : Handing Your Property Back to the Bank
- Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Spain
- What is the Euribor ?
- When you canít pay the Mortgage