How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 19 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Castellon : The legacy of waste continues
A report in today's La Vanguardia newspaper has uncovered some facts that are quite frankly staggering.
The subject of Castellon's Ghost airport - still without a scheduled date of when the first arrival may be, more than 14 months after 'opening' should need little introduction, but the full extent of its folly seemingly knows no bounds.
The Newspaper alleges that 114'000 of the 818'000 unsold properties in the whole of Spain are located within the province of Castellon.
This figure, if correct, means that some 22% of all unsold Spanish properties are located in a province which boasts just 1.27% of the population.
Why was a province with a population of 590'000 encouraged to build 114'000 extra properties that it did not need, and had little chance of selling ?
Carlos Fabra, President of Castellon between 1995 and 2011, and now President of Aerocas (the company behind Castellon airport) must surely be called upon to account for being (almost) single-handedly responsible for making Castellon the laughing stock of Europe.
Latest News & Stories
- Magaluf police implicated in suspected extortion ring
- Morocco and Spain agree on information exchange
- Catalonia call independence vote despite Scottish 'no
- Spain's bad loans ratio rises slightly to 13.2% in July
- Spain hosts international conference on Libya
- Spain to replace Dutch NATO forces in Turkey
- Spain now most expensive for TV football
- Spain public debt falls June - July
- Four Catalans drive 1,500 miles to support Scotland's "Yes"
- Spain mulls prosecution of ISIL fighters
- 10 Features to check when buying Spanish property
- Do buyers need a survey if a property is guaranteed?
- How to Snag your New Build Property
- Building Regulations - Urban Land