How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
CLICK HERE to find out more...
- For Whom the Road Tolls
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Castellon : The legacy of waste continues
A report in today's La Vanguardia newspaper has uncovered some facts that are quite frankly staggering.
The subject of Castellon's Ghost airport - still without a scheduled date of when the first arrival may be, more than 14 months after 'opening' should need little introduction, but the full extent of its folly seemingly knows no bounds.
The Newspaper alleges that 114'000 of the 818'000 unsold properties in the whole of Spain are located within the province of Castellon.
This figure, if correct, means that some 22% of all unsold Spanish properties are located in a province which boasts just 1.27% of the population.
Why was a province with a population of 590'000 encouraged to build 114'000 extra properties that it did not need, and had little chance of selling ?
Carlos Fabra, President of Castellon between 1995 and 2011, and now President of Aerocas (the company behind Castellon airport) must surely be called upon to account for being (almost) single-handedly responsible for making Castellon the laughing stock of Europe.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Spain to veto Scotland entry to EU ?
- Spain's obsession with the AVE runs into budget reality
- 12 Months since "Castellon Airport open this year" promise
- 12 Months today since "Corvera open by October" Promise
- Spain Property Prices Decelerates Most in Q4 2012
- Spain's ECB bank borrowing falls again in May
- Spain's public debt soars to 88.2 pct of GDP in Q1
- Rajoy calls on ECB to create bank lending scheme for SMEs
- Paramount Murcia Investor files for Bankruptcy
- Questions asked over Castellon Airport Firetrucks
- 10 Features to check when buying Spanish property
- Do buyers need a survey if a property is guaranteed?
- How to Snag your New Build Property
- Building Regulations - Urban Land