How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 22 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Castellon : The legacy of waste continues
A report in today's La Vanguardia newspaper has uncovered some facts that are quite frankly staggering.
The subject of Castellon's Ghost airport - still without a scheduled date of when the first arrival may be, more than 14 months after 'opening' should need little introduction, but the full extent of its folly seemingly knows no bounds.
The Newspaper alleges that 114'000 of the 818'000 unsold properties in the whole of Spain are located within the province of Castellon.
This figure, if correct, means that some 22% of all unsold Spanish properties are located in a province which boasts just 1.27% of the population.
Why was a province with a population of 590'000 encouraged to build 114'000 extra properties that it did not need, and had little chance of selling ?
Carlos Fabra, President of Castellon between 1995 and 2011, and now President of Aerocas (the company behind Castellon airport) must surely be called upon to account for being (almost) single-handedly responsible for making Castellon the laughing stock of Europe.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain to invest €864m in ports in 2015
- PP seeks to legalise spot deportations of illegal immigrants
- Catalan Finance Chief Open to 'Scottish Solution' in Spain
- Spain sees foreign visitor numbers up 7.4% 2014 y-t-d
- Iberdrola Profit Declines After Spain Cuts Renewable Subsidies
- Spain ‘certain’ UK backed its Security Council bid
- Spanish Regional Gov't Enforces Mushroom Protection Law
- Spain's AENA Rejects Renegotiation of Duty Free Contracts
- US Pop star delays visit to 'Ebola-Stricken Spain'
- Biometric Security to be implemented at Spain-Gibraltar border
- 10 Features to check when buying Spanish property
- Do buyers need a survey if a property is guaranteed?
- How to Snag your New Build Property
- Building Regulations - Urban Land