How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 01 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Castellon : The legacy of waste continues
A report in today's La Vanguardia newspaper has uncovered some facts that are quite frankly staggering.
The subject of Castellon's Ghost airport - still without a scheduled date of when the first arrival may be, more than 14 months after 'opening' should need little introduction, but the full extent of its folly seemingly knows no bounds.
The Newspaper alleges that 114'000 of the 818'000 unsold properties in the whole of Spain are located within the province of Castellon.
This figure, if correct, means that some 22% of all unsold Spanish properties are located in a province which boasts just 1.27% of the population.
Why was a province with a population of 590'000 encouraged to build 114'000 extra properties that it did not need, and had little chance of selling ?
Carlos Fabra, President of Castellon between 1995 and 2011, and now President of Aerocas (the company behind Castellon airport) must surely be called upon to account for being (almost) single-handedly responsible for making Castellon the laughing stock of Europe.
Latest News & Stories
- Corvera Airline Deadline Slips Again, Airline Confirms Interest
- Civil Guards suspected of stealing pro-independence Catalan flag
- Ryanair eyes stake in Spanish Airports listing
- Gibraltar "Costs Spain EU1 Bln per year in Taxes"
- Bank of Spain : Current Account Balance Plummets in June y-on-y
- Spain Cleric : "Death to the Jews"
- Spain Fears Deflation
- Fitch's reviews Murcia's credit rating
- Report Into Number of Foreign Autonomos in Spain
- Happy Birthday Teruel Airport
- 10 Features to check when buying Spanish property
- Do buyers need a survey if a property is guaranteed?
- How to Snag your New Build Property
- Building Regulations - Urban Land