How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 29 August 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain forces mobile phone cuts by 2014
Earlier this year this Spanish Telecommunications Market Commission (CMT) came under fire from the European Commission for their refusal to force operators to cut their call termination fees and reduce costly hidden charges for consumers.
Although such charges can only be a few cents, they can vary when calls are made between networks and in some cases can be more than the cost of the call itself, which all adds up at the end of the month.
"Spanish consumers should not have to pay over the odds for mobile calls, especially when domestic finances are so tight," European Commission Vice-President Neelie Kroes said.
The Industry had originally been given until October 2014 to implement cuts to these fees, but the CMT has now announced how it has brought the date forward to January 2014.
Consumers almost always ask the cost of calls when about to enter into a new mobile phone contract, but rarely the cost of terminating a call. In many cases this can vary between 4 and 6 cents per call termination, however the EC are insisting that such charges are kept to a maximum of 1.09 cents.
The CMT have previously commented that the EC has no right to enforce such changes.
Latest News & Stories
- Civil Guards suspected of stealing pro-independence Catalan flag
- Ryanair eyes stake in Spanish Airports listing
- Gibraltar "Costs Spain EU1 Bln per year in Taxes"
- Bank of Spain : Current Account Balance Plummets in June y-on-y
- Spain Cleric : "Death to the Jews"
- Spain Fears Deflation
- Fitch's reviews Murcia's credit rating
- Report Into Number of Foreign Autonomos in Spain
- Happy Birthday Teruel Airport
- Spain on alert over new biker gangs
- Getting your utility bills online
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Opening a Bank Account in Spain