How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 28 May 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain forces mobile phone cuts by 2014
Earlier this year this Spanish Telecommunications Market Commission (CMT) came under fire from the European Commission for their refusal to force operators to cut their call termination fees and reduce costly hidden charges for consumers.
Although such charges can only be a few cents, they can vary when calls are made between networks and in some cases can be more than the cost of the call itself, which all adds up at the end of the month.
"Spanish consumers should not have to pay over the odds for mobile calls, especially when domestic finances are so tight," European Commission Vice-President Neelie Kroes said.
The Industry had originally been given until October 2014 to implement cuts to these fees, but the CMT has now announced how it has brought the date forward to January 2014.
Consumers almost always ask the cost of calls when about to enter into a new mobile phone contract, but rarely the cost of terminating a call. In many cases this can vary between 4 and 6 cents per call termination, however the EC are insisting that such charges are kept to a maximum of 1.09 cents.
The CMT have previously commented that the EC has no right to enforce such changes.
Latest News & Stories
- Rato accused of giving children Ä2.5m to avoid bond
- Spain 3rd most popular destination for expat Brits
- Spanish air traffic controllers call four partial strikes
- Spain revises percentage of population at risk of poverty to 29%
- Spain overturns Andalusian anti-eviction law
- Amazon starts paying Spanish corporate tax on retail sales
- EU Nationals resident in UK denied referendum vote
- Vodafone Spain to increase fibre optic speed to 300 Mbps
- Catalan Independence Bid Hit by Podemosís Barcelona Win
- Spain's ruling PP gets worst local election result in 20 years
- Getting your utility bills online
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- Opening a Bank Account in Spain