How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 1 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain to privatize transport services on Friday
Spain's government will announce the privatization of some public transportation services on Friday, Economy Minister Luis de Guindos said on Monday.
"The government has a clear road map, which contains a privatisation plan of public infrastructures. The (Public Transport) Ministry has been working on this for some time. You'll have to wait until Friday," De Guindos said at a joint press conference with his German counterpart Wolfgang Schaeuble.
Earlier on Monday, deputy Prime Minister Soraya Saenz de Santamaria said transport services would be part of a privatisation package due to be agreed at Friday's weekly cabinet meeting.
The Government has already recently imposed an increase in charges at the state-owned network of airports, effective from July and an increase in short and medium distance train journeys operated by state-owned operator, RENFE, which are effective from today.
Latest News & Stories
- US developer planning mega-resort outside Madrid
- Spain to hike taxes on tobacco, alcohol and soft drinks to raise €8 billion
- Spain PM says must maintain policy of fiscal consolidation
- Bullish Spanish opposition calls on government to repeal “gag law”
- Spain's consumer prices rise 0.7 pct in Oct
- Lidl opens pop-up restaurant in Madrid
- Spanish economy to maintain growth rate in fourth quarter - economy minister
- 80% of Spaniards aged under 30 are still living with their parents
- Why does Spain collect less income tax than its EU neighbors ?