How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Monday 27 June 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Labour Day Protests Planned Across Spain
Following on from Sunday's demonstration marches, held in a number of cities across Spain in protest over recent reforms, further action is expected to take place today.
According to the unions some 80'000 people joined Sunday's protest in Madrid alone, whilst Police sources claim the number to be 40'000.
Today, Tuesday May the 1st, is International Labour day. It is also perhaps significant that on Friday of last week the National Institite of Statistics confirmed that the rate of unemployment in Spain has now reached 24.6% - the highest it has been in 18 years.
80 Towns and Cities are expected to play host to demonstrations with most taking place at noon, except in Catalonia, where the first takes place at eleven.
Latest News & Stories
- Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Spain
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Employing Staff in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain