How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 7 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Gov't reforms to create 800'000 new jobs by 2020
According to government accounts, the labor reform approved in February will reduce unemployment by around 800,000 before 2020.
However, it is to be expected that this positive change will only be seen in the medium to long-term, with the Labour Force Survey for the first quarter of 2012 showing how an additional 400'000 joined the ranks of unemployed.
Following the Cabinet meeting last Friday, Minister of Economy Luis de Guindos, was even more optimistic, claimin that the set of structural reforms adopted by the Government will result in the creation of 2 million jobs by 2020, and a GDP growth potential of 1.0% per year.
On the downside, the government estimates that theses reforms will result in the loss of purchasing power until at least 2015.
The application of the labor reforms will lead to a low growth in compensation per employee in 2012 (0.2% during Q1 2011) even in the context of significant job losses. A fall is expected in 2013 (-0.4%) with the following 2 years being minimal (below 0.3%). This contrasts with inflation, which means that the loss of purchasing power for workers will be considerable.
Latest News & Stories
- Spainís struggling Socialists could have a new leader by summer
- Lycamobile Spain unlimited calls, 3GB bundle down to EUR 10
- Apple Pay launches in Spain
- Spain detains 30 in operation targetting illegal firearms
- Spain's Tuenti launches festive promo, offers 4GB for EUR 14
- Two left dead by torrential rains and flooding in southern Spain
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years
- US developer planning mega-resort outside Madrid
- Spain to hike taxes on tobacco, alcohol and soft drinks to raise Ä8 billion
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Employing Staff in Spain
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain