How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 6 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Crime Pays (In Spain at least)
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Study Criticises Girona and Reus airports
Two Spanish airports have appeared in a report of the "15 most misleadingly named airports".
The study, compiled by www.skyscanner.com, compared a number of airports and measured the distance to the centre of the city under which name they were commonly advertised or promoted.
In almost every case, the airports were commonly used by low-cost or budget airlines and had poor infrastructure in place to connect the airport to the city centre.
Girona and Reus were the only two Spanish airports to feature on the list (in 7th and 8th place) where it was noted that Ryanair in particular promoted each airport under the name "Barcelona". Each airport is located some 54 miles outside of the city, which also has it's own airport.
The 15 worst culprits :
1. Paris-Vatry (Disney) - 93 miles (150km) from central Paris (and 70 miles (112km) from Disneyland Paris)
2. Munich West (Memmingen) - 70 miles (112km) from central Munich
3. Oslo (Torp) - 68 miles (110km) from central Oslo
4. Frankfurt (Hahn) - 68 miles (110km) from central Frankfurt
5. London (Oxford) - 60 miles (97km) from central London
6. Stockholm (Skavsta) - 59 miles (95km) from central Stockholm
7. Barcelona (Girona) - 58 miles (94km) from central Barcelona
8. Barcelona (Reus) - 58 miles (94km) from central Barcelona
9. Paris (Beauvais ) - 55miles (88km) from central Paris
10. Dusseldorf (Weeze) - 50 miles (80 km) from central Dusseldorf
11. London (Stansted) - 40 miles (64km) from central London
12. London (Southend) - 40 miles (64km) from central London
13. Tokyo (Narita) - 37 miles (60km) from central Tokyo
14. Verona (Brescia) - 33 miles (53km) from central Verona
15. Glasgow (Prestwick) - 32 miles (51km) from central Glasgow
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Appoints Cybersecurity Council
- Sale of Spain's Ciudad Real Airport Underway
- Spain expects 10'000 Bankruptcies in 2013
- Contract awarded to complete works at Castellon Airport
- Major delays with UK-Spain flights this weekend
- UK Notes "Historic Parallel" Between Ceuta, Melilla and Gibraltar
- Paramount UK in line for Gov't windfall : A Lesson for Murcia ?
- Catalonia wants to cancel licenses for at-risk drivers
- Merkel Denies Forcing Spain Into Bailout
- IMF Praises Spain's Banking Reforms
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- Car Rental in Spain