How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 21 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Study Criticises Girona and Reus airports
Two Spanish airports have appeared in a report of the "15 most misleadingly named airports".
The study, compiled by www.skyscanner.com, compared a number of airports and measured the distance to the centre of the city under which name they were commonly advertised or promoted.
In almost every case, the airports were commonly used by low-cost or budget airlines and had poor infrastructure in place to connect the airport to the city centre.
Girona and Reus were the only two Spanish airports to feature on the list (in 7th and 8th place) where it was noted that Ryanair in particular promoted each airport under the name "Barcelona". Each airport is located some 54 miles outside of the city, which also has it's own airport.
The 15 worst culprits :
1. Paris-Vatry (Disney) - 93 miles (150km) from central Paris (and 70 miles (112km) from Disneyland Paris)
2. Munich West (Memmingen) - 70 miles (112km) from central Munich
3. Oslo (Torp) - 68 miles (110km) from central Oslo
4. Frankfurt (Hahn) - 68 miles (110km) from central Frankfurt
5. London (Oxford) - 60 miles (97km) from central London
6. Stockholm (Skavsta) - 59 miles (95km) from central Stockholm
7. Barcelona (Girona) - 58 miles (94km) from central Barcelona
8. Barcelona (Reus) - 58 miles (94km) from central Barcelona
9. Paris (Beauvais ) - 55miles (88km) from central Paris
10. Dusseldorf (Weeze) - 50 miles (80 km) from central Dusseldorf
11. London (Stansted) - 40 miles (64km) from central London
12. London (Southend) - 40 miles (64km) from central London
13. Tokyo (Narita) - 37 miles (60km) from central Tokyo
14. Verona (Brescia) - 33 miles (53km) from central Verona
15. Glasgow (Prestwick) - 32 miles (51km) from central Glasgow
Latest News & Stories
- 50% of Spain's workers earn under EU1,000 per month
- Spanish Attorney General Files Suit against Catalan President
- UK-Spain dispute over Gibraltar threatens European skies reform
- PM calls on opposition to “get serious” and detail plans for federal state
- Spain 2015 Michelin Restuarants Guide Released
- Gibraltar airs EU advice to Spain over border delays
- Spain finalizes direct flights with Azerbaijan for 2015
- Israel vexed at Spain’s move to recognise Palestinian state
- Orange reaches 2 million 4G customers in Spain
- Spain arrests Moroccan on terrorism charges
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- Car Rental in Spain